You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Shadows Fall Vocalist comments on Axl

Backslash wrote:

Who the fuck is Shadow Fall?

Exactly.

November Rain
 Rep: 4 

russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

It's not even worth a comment IMO.

You're right. I know I sound like a broken record when I say this but it's the same ol' same ol. Some guy asks about Axl and it's the "in" thing to do to put him down. You get yourself (and your band name) quoted on alot more boards and places then it would normally be.

Exactly. If it wasn´t for this interview I would have never known of this guy´s existence either.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think its a shame he rags on Axl then praises Slash as this will only further the fan mentality that everything is Axl vs Slash and Old vs New.

Personally I think that both Axl and Slash are rock legends and should be respected as such.

In regards to the rumours of cosmetic work being done, well, no one can say for sure, i have no opinon about the hair as its too hard to tell in that style, it does look to me that he may have had some facial work done. While i grant that you'd expect him to look different at 40 and 20, IMO the changes seem more significant than age, in particular from shots around 2001-2ish...it really looked like he'd had a chemical peel or something maybe - I havn't seen it in years but I remember that basketball footage he looked really different...but i guess part of it might have been the demanour.

IF he did get work done, who can really blame him? We live in a superfical world where people won't listen to your music unless you look hot, most actors and stuff tend to feel the need as they get older, and as a lead singer its importnt for him to keep his edge and look. He'd only be doing what was comercially smart under the warped values of our society.

Anyway..i'm getting OT...all i'm trying to say is Axl and Slash are cool, and people like whoever this guy is should show the respect he pretends to have for the old band by not talking shit about them.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I appreciate your post, even if we have a differing opinion, but I will point out that I think people have a widely different definition of what constitutes "plastic surgery" or work in that vein. Personally, anyone remotely familiar with dermatology procedures wouldn't consider something like a chemical peel even significant let alone "having work done." Sadly, I think a lot of people in the media aren't aware of exactly what a chemical peel is, how inconsequential a "procedure" it is, and the myriad of reasons one might have it done. Any skin clarifying steps, including things like dermabrasion, are again not what I'd consider "getting work done." Do I think Axl's done these things? I truely don't know. It depends how happy he was with his complexion, which no offense to Axl, I remember not always being the best when he was younger (who's was?). End of the day, I don't think Axl's had anything done, or anything significant enough that would constitute statements like the ones made by the asshole in Shadows Fall or even Scott Weiland (that's right, I said it).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

again i think everyone is missing the forest for the trees here.

he said that how can axl let something so legendary go down the toilet like it has...he never said anything about it being axls fault for the breakup...and in reality for the most part he has let gnr go down a shitty path of obscurity and obsurdity, the band is a laughing stock in the media these days and the fan base dwindles by the moment...yeah maybe he did a great job on the leaks we heard but in the 14-15 years since TSI has been out he has 2 singles to show for himself....gnr owned the music world in the learly 90's nobody could touch them...now what are they? a few of us diehards clinging to our keyboards everyday for a whisper of news....and 90% of it is bullshit..alll we have at this stage is hope and its fading more every day...that what i think this guy is saying when he said:

but how do you fuck up something that great that bad?

and if anybody doesnt think that GnR is really fucked up right now you should think again. eremeber as everyone is always fond of saying...Axl isnt the one who left GnR...it was his choice to continue it, he has to live with the goods and the bads of that decision...if he woulda went solo then this discussion is mute...but he kept gnr and this is what happened..and it sucks

as for the other comment about the reunion...many people have stated the same sentiments...he thinks gnr should reunite but only for one show and thats it then do VR and NuGnR....i dont see anything wrong with that comment...actually i think alot of gnr fans would salivate over that gig...if it ever happened....kinda like what happened to pink floyd fans for Live8

anyway i thought the 2 comments were relevant and i actually related to them a bit thats why i posted this thing...i could give 2 shits about this guy or his band...but the comments he made (plastic surgery bullshit aside) actually made some sort of sense to me

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Shadows Fall Vocalist comments on Axl

I say it once again; who?

Board footer