You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: McCartney to Front Nirvana Reunion TONIGHT- NEW SONG

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

No, Dave labeled everything by the full artists. So it's labeled as "Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear.

However, there's a catch...

When the song is uploaded and the tagged info plays during the song...

The composer is listed as -- N

Nirvana ?

So they definitely toyed with it. I assume Dave, Krist & Pat were the ones that put it together after Paul recorded his part, and that's pretty much a Nirvana collab in post production.

I bought it as soon as I saw you put up it was available, so first off, Thanks for the heads up.

Mine doesn't just say "N" under composer though, it says "N/A"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I double-checked mine... it definitely says "N".

N/A just sounds weird. SOMEBODY composed it. Odd it just says N/A.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Yeah, I thought the same thing.  Only thing I can think of is that it's because it's out so far before the album is officially released.  The full album isn't out until March.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Just downloaded it. SIMPLY ROCK'N! Mine says N as well. The song better get an award for something.

Gentlemen, I need an album like this! I may pick up the whole soundtrack if I hear any more good songs; but so far this is a true gem.

This would sound amazing blasting on a record player if it was released in that format.

Me_Wise_Magic

Performance on SNL.  First time Krist has been on the SNL stage since '93

http://www.hulu.com/watch/436046#i1,p0,d1

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Worth every penny my friend. I'm counting this as one of the best rockers of 2012.

Woww..that's pretty funny. Krist has only showed up in several appearances with backing vocals on a Foo song in 2002 and played bass and accordion on the Wasting Light track "I Should Have Known" While touring with friends from time to time and other projects with most of them not working out. It would be awesome for these guys to do a small album or for Krist to at least be in a different band again. He still got skill in his playing.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Nirvana To Tour With McCartney?

After their second live performance, this time on Saturday Night Live, fans are asking: Will Nirvana and Paul McCartney go on full-scale tour?

There's no official announcement, but HenneMusic reports that if you ask bassist Krist Novoselic, the answer is: "Absolutely."

The surviving members of Nirvana unexpectedly reformed with Paul McCartney and Nirvana's touring guitarist Pat Smear for a 12-12-12 Hurricane Sandy benefit concert last week. They opted to write a brand new song, "Cut Me Some Slack", rather than perform any Nirvana or Beatles tracks.

UG plus: remove banner

Novoselic would even tour with other classic-era artists, citing the Van Halen frontman as one potential example. "I love David Lee Roth. I would tour with David Lee Roth because I think he's great," Krist said.
"It wouldn't be some oldies review; if we put a band together and we were making music and we felt good about it – and there was that passion and that spark – I'd do it in a second."

Krist realises some Nirvana fans were disappointed to see the band reunite without late singer Kurt Cobain. To those fans, Krist says: "Who asked you?"

But every band needs a name, and Krist adds that there was fan idea that he liked. "The best was when they called it 'Sirvana' (Sir Paul + Nirvana). I thought that was really good."

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen … rtney.html

Me_Wise_Magic

I personally think a tour would be fucking epic!! Hell..I'd buy a ticket.  I can understand Krist's frustrations about what fans would think (I know he regrets answering these questions); but I find this healthy for these guys and very interesting. Especially if they have some more new material or ideas up their sleeves with Cut Me. I know me and alot of people don't want to see them playing Kurt's songs and I know Krist doesn't want that either from these article responses. I guess we'll see what happens I suppose.

Or..having him play with DLR would be cool to me as well. If Dave ever wants to do another solo while the rest of the Van Halen clan is resting or doing something else.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer