You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Guns N' Roses to come to Australia in March 2013

Awesome stories and review, Monkey. Hope you & Metalllex have a kickass night!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"....there was also a rather unexpected moment where some kind of model clad in a leather jacket wandered out to Axl from off stage...he unzipped her top to reveal she was topless and proceeded to play some kind of game with her boobs - seemed to be trying to stick something over her nipples...I think it was some kind of food like peanuts or something but could be wrong...then tossed a handful of them into the front row....."

Wha-wha-what?????

And this you don't get pictures of!

Awesome write up, man. Glad you had a good time.

I watched the London show again all the way through this time and this band really, really gels. Ron was on fire. I'm really glad the dude is in the band. Great guy.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

No The Seeker tonight metallex is gonna be pissed 14 14

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

No The Seeker tonight metallex is gonna be pissed 14 14

But at least he could have celebrated Jarmo with the crowd! 5

(where is the vomiting emoticon?)

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Nah, Jarmo's birthday was Saturday night. I went to tonight's (Sunday) gig with Monkeychow.

Full report later, but some tidbits:
- Met Dizzy, DJ n Ron at meet n greet
- band was tight as fuck
- Monkey and I were front fucking row, closest we've ever been at a GnR gig!!!
- Axl was in good spirits, but still had vocal issues. Has some impressive rasp and vocal power here and there
- convinced DJ to play Ballad of Death at meet n greet. Caught a pick at the show
- Jarmo was organiser of the meet n greet and took our photos. He's a small introverted quiet guy... lol
- The Seeker was NOT played, and thank fuck for that! 14
- Vanessa was wished happy birthday tonight
- saw that hottie Katrina Benzova as well as Jarmo, taking photos of the show
- DJ n Ron recognised Monkeychow from the meet n greet, and were over our side of the stage a lot

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

- DJ took a swig of Jägermeister and had security pass it down to the front row to drink during Patience, including Monkey and I
- as much as I love the original lineup, Axl has a phenomenal band backing him, that really gel and have fun together, and I really hope one day they get to put out more new music to their name

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

45404_10151368755143602_1163398240_n.jpg
215402_10151368765093602_1443648056_n.jpg
303122_10151368769863602_2140241111_n.jpg
6421_10151368773073602_989493648_n.jpg
487732_10151368773443602_1407941817_n.jpg
733886_10151368773803602_1027958595_n.jpg
734136_10151368777673602_630272694_n.jpg

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Also took a shitload of photos, but everytime Axl came over in front of me and I held my camera up, he'd either walk away or my camera would play up... 14

So not many photos of Axl, mainly the rest of the band

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

My Thoughts:

Sound Mix was great tonight...whatever issues I had the night before were either fixed or just the result of that specific spot I'd been in the venue...but it sounded great.

The band was amazing to us all night after meeting us, from DJ giving us the drink, to throwing pics to us.....and really made everything very interactive....

This one of those "emotional response" posts...but like seriously being that close it was just an amazing night....I loved it.....the band sounded really tight and great...and Axl's really been pulling some good vocals in these recent shows..not vintage but certainly serviceable.....can't over state it....had a great time...fantastic to catch up with Alex too....and hope the band continues...they really do sound good together.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

"....there was also a rather unexpected moment where some kind of model clad in a leather jacket wandered out to Axl from off stage...he unzipped her top to reveal she was topless and proceeded to play some kind of game with her boobs - seemed to be trying to stick something over her nipples...I think it was some kind of food like peanuts or something but could be wrong...then tossed a handful of them into the front row....."

Wha-wha-what?????

And this you don't get pictures of!

In fairness I was standing with my Fiancée, she's a tolerant type, but not sure busting out the kodak for "the guys on the forum" at that moment would have washed wink Especially cos it was her first rock show in general too hahahahahhaha! Still whatever the reason...it's safe to say the audience dug it lol.

You should have seen me slowly start to back away from Alex tonight when I realised they'd skipped The Seeker wink

Board footer