You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N' Roses to come to Australia in March 2013

misterID wrote:

Next time give your beard the camera, he won't let me down! 16

Great reviews guys, I'm glad ya'll had a blast. I swear, reading this has gotten me more excited about this line up. It's really cool the band is so open and friendly ... okay, that DJ an Ron are as open and friendly with the fans as they are. Very cool stuff.

jarmo kind of sounds like a hobbit. wink

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Next time give your beard the camera, he won't let me down! 16

I dunno, beard is more of a leg man  wink

misterID wrote:

Great reviews guys, I'm glad ya'll have had a blast. I swear, reading this has gotten me more excited abut this line up.

Me too. They really were very good shows. Think it was my 4th and 5th new gnr show (not including UYI era gnr / or related bands like vr and slash) and it really was a good entertaining night.

I think hardcores like us focus a bit on the untapped opportunities, like adding semi-forgotten songs back in, or writing new stuff, but it was apparent to me that the show satisfies most people there. Seemed everyone had a great night...and the parts of the show we sort of ignore are highlights for a lot of the regular people (SCOM, KOHD singalong etc).

Anyway, some of the enjoyment for me doubtless comes from the access we got at the front, like most of you guys I've followed GNR and Axl since a teenager or whatever and so it's sort of surreal for him to be standing right in front of you or whatever. And the fact that the band are so interactive really added to it as well.

I was joking to Alex during the show that we were nearly on the stage....and it all but felt like that....I was learning guitar fingering for the solos 16

Not to get philosophical, but I think much of the negativity that comes sometimes is actually drawn from a type of love too. I mean the band was so good last night - the little jams between things - there's such a good vibe between them and you can see how much potential the band has , and I think it's knowing that which makes people get so easily frustrated about the time frames for new music and so on. It's not that the fans demand stuff, it's just that we can see all the ingredients *right there* on the table! Still whatever happens happens, I just hope they realise it's not that people are out to get them as such.

misterID wrote:

jarmo kind of sounds like a hobbit. wink

He's more like the kid that actually met Santa Claus.

Got a bit of an insight into his life last night. I mean aside from the meet and greet, he spent most of the show taking pictures down the front of the stage, joking with the other crew and stuff.

And he rolls with the whole entourage or whatever from city to city.

It makes me jealous to be honest, it would be like living the night I had last night, every night...and even more so....like occasional hanging out with Axl and so on....pretty much the wet dream of a fan of any band.....

I don't quite understand why there's such a need for censorship or why he has to get quite as blunt with people as he seems to in exercising that censorship. But in person you can see he's just a fan like us who is in the mother of all golden opportunities.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

So wait.

No Seeker?

I assume 'Chow and metallix are done here? 16

I got it Saturday night....Alex on the other hand.... 18

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Sydney after Aussie fans reaction to the ditching of The Seeker:
tumblr_lpsm7wCo3S1r1t5bmo1_500.jpg

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Good posts Monkey sounds like you guys had a kick ass time.

Did ZZ Top acknowledge your beard?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The ZZ Top dudes wondered over in front of us too a few times, and I'm sure there were some kind of nods of acknowledgement towards Dave's way

Funny, I really dug Rose Tattoo, and I thought they had a great energy opening up. ZZ Top, outside of the hits, I found a little odd to be paired with GnR. But the dudes are 65 yrs old, so I still have to give them props for being able to rock like they did

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Like monkey said, I think being so close last night reinvigorated my passion for the band, even if it is just an "emotional response"... Lol

Axl was just over an arms length away at times, and DJ was sitting or standing right in front of us interacting and engaging with the crowd

This lineup has so much going for them chemistry wise and talent wise, Axl sure is wasting an opportunity to put out new music with them if he never intends to do so

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I was surprised by how closely ZZ Top sounded like their records.  You could just close your eyes and think someone had just popped a CD of theirs on.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Another thing Monkey n I noticed, is because we were front row, we could hear the sound of DJ actually strumming the strings on his guitar, and at the start of CD, because there was a slight delay with the PA, it appeared as though he was miming... 10

A few songs in it was apparent that he clearly wasn't miming! dj

Fuck, we were so close, I never wanna see another show further back than that. I'm still pumped from how good it was last night!!! 9

Board footer