You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses to come to Australia in March 2013

metallex78 wrote:

Also have to add, that finally seeing Estranged live, was fuckin amazing!

So many people singing along to that one, which was great to see!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

ZZ Top is awesome.  Great live band. 

Anyway, Metallex, tell me about this Miming... Was he just acting at times while it sounded like he was playing but his hands weren't matching up?

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Nah, it was only because he was right in front of us, and because he was so close and the PA was kinda up above us, it kinda gave a bit of delay. 

I'm a guitar player myself, and watching his hands, he clearly was playing

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah he was 100% really playing.

As a guitarist myself too I actually found it really interesting seeing the way he played some of the solos and some of the little techniques and stuff.

It was just kinda an aural illusion. We were like in touching distance, so like you'd see him play the note, and sometimes literally here the string noise in the softer numbers, then there was like a micro-second as the loud version came out. We're not talking like massive lag...just a really tiny moment. I think it's because the PA was sort of behind us from where we were...so there was the smallest of milliseconds for the sound to travel through the rig and then hit the wall and bounce back at us or something. But we had such close detail of the how it's playing that you could notice that where like another 2 rows back you wouldn't see it.

But for avoidance of doubt they were 100% playing live, I'm certain of that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I was surprised by how closely ZZ Top sounded like their records.  You could just close your eyes and think someone had just popped a CD of theirs on.

Yeah I hear that.

I think it's because they're old school from 40 years ago and not from the protools era. Like those records are pretty much literally a microphone in the corner of the room taping what they literally do in real time.

I love me a bit of ZZ though.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

large.muq9KHWNWUeXf7ULYU_0E8dltb-GZKVxummE78vkMn8.jpg

Ron, me, DJ, and Dizzy! 9

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

That is killer shot mate 9

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

That is killer shot mate 9

I didn't think I'd be as star struck as I was when I met them, but they all seemed really genuine and sincere in the all of two seconds that I got to say hello to them.
Ron seemed like the coolest of them all, and I really wish I could've gotten to chat with them for longer.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That's so awesome dude. Badass pic! smile

Board footer