You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Elementary School Shooting in US

polluxlm wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Yes young people are very care free, my youngest is 5 and she doesn't care about anything, she just wants to have a good time and she wants people around her to have a good time too

When our cat of 15 years passed this summer she didn't even miss a step, my 8yo was upset for an hour or so then back to normal, its just how they work from my experience

They just don't really grasp the severity / finality of death, innocence is bliss as they say

There's a big difference between sad and scary.

Well, I haven't had anyone trying to kill me but I've been chased by a few people who I at the time feared, and just that made me terrified for hours. Generally kids who experience severe trauma will be in shock for days, unable to speak. Some of them never properly recover.

Could some kids be different? Sure, but when none of these kids exhibit any of these characteristics something is off.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

How many of the kids shown were actually in the line of fire? I think you grossly overanalize how a child thinks

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Sometimes when there is insufficient footage for a news story or insufficient photos for an article the media will resort to presenting other photos/video as if it was something it wasn't. It happens..but I don't see any real indication or motivation for them to do so here.

My problems with what's been said in this thread are:

1. Why shop anyone's hair blue? If it is an accidental artefact from other shopping - surely they would be more careful.

2. If these pictures were shopped - for what purpose - it's not like they're sensationalist or dramatic pictures - they're not smoking gun pictures or anything else that it might be worth faking - it's just like 2 random family pics.

3. People grieve in different ways. Some people - especially guys - are very tormented by something internally but may not cry about it or break down for years, if at all.

4. Even if the video did show people acting without grief - why would they air footage of their actors fucking up - surely if it was staged it would be staged at a higher production value then?

There's some dodgy stuff in the media for sure, but I think you're reaching on this one.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
faldor wrote:

Polluxlm, I suggest you stop with the conspiracy theories. You have no clue what you're talking about. You can't possibly judge how people should or shouldn't act in every situation. Nor should you know how people should pose for pictures. Seriously, I find your last few posts completely disrespectful to those grieving this horrible tragedy.

That I realize and I wouldn't mention it in this instance if I wasn't totally sure of it.

If you can watch this and still think these are people that have really lost a family member I don't know what to tell you and you can call me crazy or whatever. Then I won't bring it up again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHDE5tpHtvQ

Again, I don't know how you can possibly watch that and say "those people obviously didn't lose a family member."  That's just a crazy reaction to me.  How are they supposed to react?  I guess your first line of advice would be to not do an interview on TV.  Well, maybe they wanted to get word about their sister/daughter out to the world.  To paint a picture of what a good person she was.  Maybe it helped them through the grieving process.

Now since they DID decide to do the interview, how SHOULD they have acted?  Should they have been uncontrollably crying throughout?  Maybe they cried for 4 straight days and just didn't have anything left in them.  How are we to know?  Maybe they're still in shock and the gravity of the situation hasn't completely hit them yet.  There's a million possibilities that I would consider over the thought that they are paid actors.  That is just an insane line of thinking.  I'm sorry, but you have let yourself become consumed with these conspiracy theories.  I find it unhealthy, but who am I to judge?  You are free to think and act however you see fit, but we certainly don't see eye to eye on this one.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Such nonsense. Also when my brother died his mom didn't cry once out in public. Not at the funeral, not after the funeral, not when her and my dad did an interview for CBC radio about youth and suicide. All the grieving was done behind closed doors in private. To say as a matter of fact that these people aren't people who just lost a family members is beyond ridiculous.  Good to know polluxlm knows the inner workings of every single human being on earth's emotional state and how to act appropriately in a time of tragedy. you should write a "how to" book dude and I'll buy it just in case I ever have to go through something similar.

polluxlm wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Let's go back to the pictures you think are photo shopped. What exactly are you trying to say about the "devil horns"?

That it's extremely odd for people to make them in those situations, not to mention very young kids, but particularly because 3 different media sets of 2 different families show them.

the young girl has her fingers in her mouth. Unreal. She's not intentionally flashing devil horns 14

polluxlm wrote:

The first photo is obviously photo shopped. Not only is the mans hair blue (at most parts) it also sits in a weird state with blurry edges that look like they've been paint brushed.

I hate to be the barer of bad news but the man's hair is perfectly white on my computer. No sign of blue at all. Just saying.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think I know where polluxlm is coming up with all his conspiracies (he isn't coming up with them on his own) and the Sandybrook conspiracy is that Adam Lanza and Dark Knight theater shooter (which is why they keep bringing up that movie as a clue about the conspiracy) were all set up by the U.S. government to turn the public against guns so they can take the guns away from people so they (the government) can impose their new world order... or whatever they think the government is planning, which is why the past few mass shooters all used the same weapons. So basically, the school shooter is the victim and the families you're seeing on TV are all part of the conspiracy with the government and media.

Yes, that sounds perfectly sane.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Well, when you put it that way...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Late to this but nothing wrong with th father crackin a smile\joke. At my Dad's wake it was like a party, everyone laughing and joking telling funny stories on my dad. Of course an hr earlier I was inconsolable and was also an hour after.

Board footer