You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: David Bowie Returns On "The Next Day"

I got around to finally listening to the thing and it's truly something special. David Bowie's The Next Day is a phenomenal rock record and not just your typical comeback. Filled with such great songs that match most of Bowie's late 70s and early 80s material. His voice and performances still got it and proves he is still the Duke. I didn't expect to like it a ton only just a few songs. It turns out that wasn't the case. It is up there with Van Halen's ADKoT in my honest opinion.  Check it out if you are already a fan, casual, rock fan, or whatever. smile I got the standard CD at the moment.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

I've listened to it a few times, but I really need to give it more time. I don't dislike it, I just don't love it yet.

Yeah..I hear ya. There are few songs later on in the record that take awhile to fully develop or have this small intro into the song that kind of slows down the structure. Takes awhile for it to get to the rocking or something like that. 16 It's not a perfect return to form; but it close to great Bowie material from what I've heard over the years. It has better production than ADKoT; but of course VH has better guitar, bass, and drum work...and the lyrics are a little more clever which gives them more of an edge. wink I think one of Bowie's guitar players said that he was releasing another album or EP from the sessions later on in the year or early 2014. I know he doesn't want to tour the record; but releasing more music doesn't hurt I suppose.

Board footer