You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Skwerl's post on MyGNR regarding his leak and his source

monkeychow wrote:

It's comical that people think myles is a bad singer.

He's one of the last few people left in the industry who has the real vocal chops to bring versatility to a setlist.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

He's one of the last few people left in the industry who has the real vocal chops to bring versatility to a setlist.

I won't deny his range, but there's something grating about his voice (tone or timbre or something) in a lot of the parts of that range. 

I don't think he sucks from a mechanics standpoint, but I know I cringe when he's singing alot.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

He was under consideration to join/jam with Led Zeppelin. That has to count for something.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Your taste in music has got to be incredibly limited to actually believe this.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

He was under consideration to join/jam with Led Zeppelin. That has to count for something.

Only thing it counts for is Page was desperate to tour.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Thanks but it's not. 16

Bono

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Thanks but it's not. 16

I don't believe he's a bad singer but to believe he's one of the last few in the industry with vocal chops to bring versatility to a setlist? 10

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Well lets see...on pretty much a nightly basis he covers people with a variety of  different singing styles....like Scott Weiland, Axl Rose, Ian Astbury, Andrew Stockdale, and M. Shaddows.

Then playing his own music he  fronts a heavy rock band with an aggressive modern radio rock style (alterbridge) but also fits right into slash's classic 70s and 80s blues rock mode.

The guy is at home playing with Creed as he is playing with Led Zep.

Very few people have that kind of versatility.

Most singers in rock sound good in their one style on songs that are designed for that style - like Scott sounds great in STP and Corey Taylor is awesome in songs where he gets an aggressive growl like in Stone Sour....but they're a bunch of one trick ponies...there's almost no one with the ability to do a bit of everything the way Myles can.

Bono

Bono wrote:

I guess. If you're concerend with imitations almost. I personally don't need a guy to sound similar to the original singer to make it sound good to me. I think a guy like Eddie Vedder can easily do a  versatile setlist. he may not immitate the way Myles kinda does but he still sounds fucking awesome and to me there's a LOT of performers who can pull that off. Versati;e sets in their own vocal style. If you're a good singer you don't need to sing in someone else's style to pull of versatile setlists. Just my

Myls is an ok singer but I don't think he's great and would never consider him a rare breed in the industry who has chops that very few do.  It's almost like suggesting he's one of the best singers in the industry and for me nothing coudl be further from the truth.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Well I don't think myles does imitate those singers, it's just that he's capable of pulling off the songs in terms of his vocal range and delivery. It's not like he tries to sound like Axl, it's just that he's able to hit Axl's high notes....but at the same time he doesn't HAVE to sing high...he can do whatever suits.

I do think he's a rarity these days. Look at the people we even compare him to - all guys from the 80s and 90s or earlier.

I'm not saying he's the best or anything, but people here acting like he's a bad singer when in reality he's one of only a handful of people in the last 20 years who can do what he does.

Board footer