You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Skwerl's post on MyGNR regarding his leak and his source

Sky Dog wrote:

the thread is about new leaks, not re-analyzing why Axl is fucked up for the 20000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th time. For fuck's sake....question is, are there songs out there that could leak soon and does anyone care?

Sky Dog wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

If u think, its already been 4 yrs since CD.............. so will there be another decade between releases?

We're well on the way.

I'd guestimate it like this:

Assuming songs are sort of mostly done (like Checkmate)...then it's:

(a) Additional overdubs of DJ's guitar (3 Months)
(b) Additional recording tweaks (3 Months) (eg - this song is missing a frank snare hit / just needs a new last line of singing)
(c) Hardcore protools cutting and pasting to finalise arrangements / add samples (6 months)
(d) Mixing/Mastering (6 Months)
(e) Label lead time for release (6 Months)

So we're looking at 2 years away...and that's not including:

1. Any delay caused by lack of inspiration / other distractions for Axl
2. Any delay caused by standoff with label over cost issues / promotion etc
3. Any delay caused by starting new material from scratch.
4. Any rest after current world tours.

So I could see it EASILY being 6 or more years from CD's release before the next album....I'd love to be wrong...but those are how i'd guess it considering what we've been told of the status of recordings etc

Monkey, you have gone off the deep end...seriously. 18

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Monkey, you have gone off the deep end...seriously. 18

Why?

Do you mean you think the band will release an album faster? Slower? Or not at all?

My view is that EVENTUALLY Axl does what he planned - eg CD did come out - like 8 years late but it did - and the NA tour DID happen - like 3 years late but it did.

So this makes me think a new album will eventually occur cos the basis for it is partially done.

The time lines I've given are my best guess....but it is based on speculation...for all we know Axl's been working on the songs each night in secret...or there's some deals done or something...but based on what we know....aprox 1/2 done follow up album in 2008----I'd say at least another couple of years is logical.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

2018 at the earliest if at all.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

the thread is about new leaks, not re-analyzing why Axl is fucked up for the 20000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000th time. For fuck's sake....question is, are there songs out there that could leak soon and does anyone care?

Sorry for going off topic, but if there are new leaks out there, I'd still love to hear them.

Who knows when and IF we ever see them officially released, so I'll take whatever we can get if it's out there now.

In spite of me thinking how much of a fuck up Axl is, I'd still like to hear more of his unreleased music.
I enjoyed a lot of the music on CD, and still do.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl had his own vision and plan for what he wanted GNR to be...... It seemed to me he wanted to do his vision, his style etc etc... seemed like old band was holding him back etc...

So u get the name, complete control and u do what with it???

Thats why I keep getting back to the same aggravated hater place... U got everything u wanted so why the fuck have u ran it into the ground like this?

I don't think that could be further from the truth.  Do you honestly believe that THIS is what Axl wanted all along?  I don't think Axl himself knew, or knows, what he really wants at this point.  But if anything, he had a vision for GNR with that early 2000's lineup.  That disintegrated, so he had to go on and start from scratch AGAIN!  Obviously, he's not blameless by any means in what happened along the way.  But to say that Axl got what he wanted, I don't think that's close to factual.

As for more leaks.  We've been hearing that since about Nov. 24th 2008.  I don't see it happening anytime soon.  I'd actually be surprised if we got any leaks at all this time around, outside of the normal leaks prior to an albums release.  I also don't think we're anywhere close to a new album.  So buckle up for a whole lot of nothing, minus the touring of course.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Pure speculation on my part, but if there are 10 songs out there, and we've already heard Better Gone, maybe the "leaks" are more versions of the songs like that...

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Why does it take all this leaking drama for Axl to release something? I'm tempted to think it's a PR stunt from Uni and they're trying to generate some hype/interest. But it's more likely that Axl just plan won't put out the 10 songs unless his hand is forced.

FWIW I believe the only reason Skwerl suddenly posted on MyGNR is in response to my recent post about his ties to APC/NIN which you can read here.

I also think he's full of shit regarding 10 other songs being out there, though I'd take his word over ARC's anyday 16

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Just leak the songs if it gets the albums out sooner. I would still buy it damnit -___-

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I dunno, yesterday soul monster is offering to trade something rare just for checkmate, today there's 10 more leaks being talked of.

Not sure I believe there's anything else yet.

Until someone posts some clip of something we've not heard before then it's just the usual gameplayers playing their games.

Board footer