You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Favorite Gnr Song From Each Album

Gibbo wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I enjoyed the Yesterdays Live Era cut. I forgot to put Yesterdays too on songs that I love from UYII.

Yeah i used to give this a flogging back in the day 9

Right on! 5

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Least fave:
AFD You're Crazy *acoustic is my version*
Lies" Reckless Life
UYI 1:Garden of Eden or Bad Apples
UYI 2: Shotgun Blues *My World obviously but Sb is kinda corny, didn't hold up well IMO
TSI: Strangely I don't have a least fave...... Which is weird.. I'll say Look At Your game Girl
CD: Riad or IRS

Me_Wise_Magic

Least Favorite:

AFD: Anything Goes, (I could take or leave Think About You as well)

Lies: One In a Million (Not my cup of tea, sorry guys!) (It's not an awful song by any means. Has some great playing and performances; but I just can't get into it)

UY1: Bad Apples by far (First time I heard it I thought it was crap)

UY2: Shotgun Blues

TSI: Tough decision since there are alot of covers on that album that are either awesome or just meh due to the production. Probably New Rose and Buick Mackane.

CD: Riad and I don't care all that much for Sorry honestly. The rest of the songs I enjoy. I include OMG with my personal favorites on CD, Better & Prostitute. (Yes I will include it as an album track since so called tweaked version as yet to be released)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

LEAST favorite:

AFD: Anything Goes
Lies: Reckless Life (the ONLY song from the real GN'R that didn't grab me AT ALL; even My World has a hook)

UYI I: there are no bad songs on UYI1, although the 'least' tracks of the album would be collectively Right Next Door To Hell, Back Off Bitch & Garden of Eden; but I respect all of those songs for their punk-edge

UYI II: My World, with Shotgun Blues close behind (I actually like Get In The Ring)

TSI: Raw Power & Buick Mackane [tied] (I enjoy the Big Dumb Sex portion of the Buick MacKane medley however)

CD:  Like UYI1, I don't feel CD has any truely bad songs. Scraped has grown on me over the years. I think a collective least would be a combo of Scraped, Riad N' The Bedouins, and I.R.S. I think I.R.S. is ENORMOUSLY overrated by the fanbase. It's Shotgun Blues compared to something like Bad Apples imo. Bad Apples sounds like Don't Damn Me in comparison.

Me_Wise_Magic

Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys Get in the Ring. Love the looseness and punk edge of the song!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think the melody to GITR is so catchy that once you get it in your head, there's no way to get it out.

I've always wondered what an alternate version with revised lyrics, no rantings, and a serious tone would sound like.

Then again it'd probably kill the punk vibe and "off the cuff just fucking around" grunge piss take attitude the song has.

Me_Wise_Magic

I agree! A great pissed off song! I don't mind the Axl rants within the song because he delivers classic lines, What are you upset that your dad gets more pussy than you? 16 Get in the Ring motherfucker..or I'll kick your bitchy lil' ass!..punk ..Now them's fighting words and that's axl92 being a badass who doesn't take shit from anyone!

It would be interesting to see an alternate lyric version like Don't Cry does; but I'm cool with the studio version.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Least Favorites

AFD- Anything Goes
Lies- Nice Boys
UYI 1- You Ain't The First
UYI 2- My World (Runner Up- Shotgun Blues)
SI?- I Don't Care About You (Runner Up- Buick MacKane)
CD- Scraped (Runner Ups- If The World/ Riad)

The more thought I put into it, the more I seem to realize how good of an album Chinese Democracy actually is, a lot of quality songs IMO

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I don't feel CD has any truely bad songs. Scraped has grown on me over the years. I think a collective least would be a combo of Scraped, Riad N' The Bedouins, and I.R.S. I think I.R.S. is ENORMOUSLY overrated by the fanbase. It's Shotgun Blues compared to something like Bad Apples imo. Bad Apples sounds like Don't Damn Me in comparison.

Totally agree on IRS

My whole family that likes GnR thinks I.R.S is the shit, including War, my brother, and my 2 cousins. I've always thought IRS was pretty good but everyone else in my family seems to think it's the best

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Pretty much the same as Bro-mero
Least Favorites

AFD- Anything Goes
Lies- Reckless Life
UYI 1- You Ain't The First
UYI 2- My World
SI - I Don't Care About You
CD- Scraped , Riad, If The World