You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Axl at the Golden Globes afterparty

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Man he looks like a red headed Vince Neil....

It's a shame, it seems as though as soon as he stops touring, he piles back on the weight.

I've been watching a lot of 1992 1993 footage. Now thats a fuckin rock star, not this pompous scarf-wearing, cane-weilding buffoon... 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Fuck even the 2006 Axl was a fucking rock star....

He needs to hire Bob Harper or Gunnar Peterson for like 6 weeks and he'd be looking awesome

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Layne Staley in 1999 looks better than him now.

God he looks awful, and utterly ridiculous.

Honestly at times, I wonder if Axl uses his star power to try to re-connect with the rock star-style of his youth in the 60's & 70's. I think at times he misses that period so much he looks like Roger Daltrey or Mick Jagger or Alice Cooper or Elton John or Freddie Mercury all rolled into one, but carrying themselves in 2013 like no time has past.

He's got a weird taste. WEIRD taste. In 2001-02 he looked dated, because cornrows and football jerseys on white guys was VERY 1998 at that point. In 2010-present he dresses like he's going out to Studio 54 in 2013 (huh?). It's official at this point that despite all the fangasm over his straight hair & bandana return was horseshit... his best look post-1993 without a doubt was that 2006-07 period. He actually looked younger than his actual age then.

Now? Just terrible. Axl went the opposite direction and embraced his rock star. If he wants style tips, look to Chris Cornell or Eddie Vedder in the present. Keep It Simple Stupid. Axl in a bandana, t-shirt, ripped jeans, and cowboy boots is ALL HE NEEDS. And all he's needed since 1990. I don't know why he keeps fucking that up. He looked like Axl Rose in that stuff. I don't know why he keeps trying to emulate everyone else other than himself.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

looks hammered

In the still photos maybe but he seems perfectly fine in the video where they are talking to him

I don't really care about this stuff but yeah he looks ridiculous. His look is the epitomy of a geriatirc rock star. It looks sad. The hat NEEDS to go. The long jacket is just stupid, the scarf is try hard, the cane reaks of someone doing a  parody of a pimp. The excessive jewelry is tacky and the older he gets the more weird the plastic surgery looks. Really unfortunate.

Like Axlin said: bandana, jeans, t-shirt, boots and he's good to go.

But seriously the fucking hat is the worst. It's gotta go and if it means a haircut is in order so be it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I wonder at times if he knows he looks bloated, either from the alcohol use or the plastic surgery or both, and that's the reason he wears the hat. Wearing the bandana, plus the hat, plus sunglasses (most of the time), plus the fu manchu 70's stache... that Axl's actually trying everyway he can to hide his face like Michael Jackson did.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

All I know is someone must severly suffer from a lack of self confidence and self image to have plastic surgery done to their face when they look perfectly fine to begin with.  Seeing how goofey the results look years down the road has got to really eat at a persons soul. I mean when you look at Axl you KNOW he's had work done and it looks bad. His eyebrows are aweful. His eyes bug out of his head. the guy just has an overall weird look ever since he had cosmetic surgery.

The first time I saw this I was shocked. he looked so weird to me.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3TvV4LNAbI[/youtube]

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I wasn't aware he had anything done to him until I started looking into some of the later shows on youtube and I noticed that wasn't just him getting older. Did he get surgery back in '00 or something? Especially when you look at that mugshot from '98 and then fast forward a few years. Looks like a completely different person. I do lose a ton of respect for people that do that shit to themselves unless it's needed to cover up a serious injury done to the part of the body. For alot of celebs, it becomes an addiction.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bono, that vid was nuts. Axl looked or acted like a little boy, but he was 39 there. His cross tat still had color.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

For me, the stache is the #1 thing that has to go for Axl, it looks beyond awful and doesn't fit his style AT ALL. I think a good haircut is in order because of how fucked up it has become post-cornrows, I'm no barber but I say shave it and start over.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Delete

Board footer