You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Axl at the Golden Globes afterparty

Bono wrote:

Did people mock Axl's physical appearance back in the day? Maybe his fashion when it came to what he wears on stage but wasn't he always looked at as a "hot" guy? Maybe I'm wrong but I remember a lot of girls back when I was in highschool thinking he was fucking hot. Can't imagine people made fun of his physical looks to the point he needed to go under the knife hmm

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Maybe he just isn't able to let it go that 40-50 year olds aren't generally considered hot by 18-20 somethings 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Maybe he just isn't able to let it go that 40-50 year olds aren't generally considered hot by 18-20 somethings 16

cough Jon Bon Jovi cough

Jon+Bon+Jovi+2012+iHeartRadio+Music+Festival+35L6S_lylx6l.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah his fashion was often called into question.

From the package revealing bike pants, to the chaps and g-string thing, to the kilt with a leather jacket....often found myself fielding questions from guys about him...lol.....

he was considered pretty hot to girls I think though, combination of being thin and buff but with soft facial features, to having a dangerous uber bad boy attitude and charisma to being world famous....that will do it wink

-D-

-D- wrote:

That poster one.in.a.million at htgth has to be a troll

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Not gonna lie that jacket Jon is wearng is pretty cool.

Also I'm conflicted. I can't tell if I think Miley Cyrus is hot or not.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Bono wrote:

Not gonna lie that jacket Jon is wearng is pretty cool.

Also I'm conflicted. I can't tell if I think Miley Cyrus is hot or not.

You are not alone in that conflict dude! 5

-D-

-D- wrote:

Fuck yeah she is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

put me in the category of i dont care...honestly he can dress however he wants...if it include a scarf, cane and fumanchu then so what, if he can rock it then more power to him

he's more stylin than me, and partying at the hottest ticket in town...lol

i just cant be bothered to care about some other dude's looks thats all 16

But he's NOT rocking it Neemo. That's kinda the point. If the guy pulled it off, i'd say he was. To me, I never ever thought he looked AS bad in the jerseys n' Predator braids 10 years ago. I thought he found a way to make it -- "him".

This look, no.

Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I wasn't aware he had anything done to him until I started looking into some of the later shows on youtube and I noticed that wasn't just him getting older. Did he get surgery back in '00 or something? Especially when you look at that mugshot from '98 and then fast forward a few years. Looks like a completely different person. I do lose a ton of respect for people that do that shit to themselves unless it's needed to cover up a serious injury done to the part of the body. For alot of celebs, it becomes an addiction.

I don't think celebrities have an addiction to plastic surgery, but an almost flat out requirement. Megan Fox got her start because of her amazingly flawless looks that blended girl next door, with high school bad girl, with mature jailbait with femme fatale. But because of her looks, it only takes a year for you to be old news. So you start doing work, based on the pressures of those who say, "well you look great, BUT sweetheart you'd get more mature roles if you did this to your lips, or that to your cheeks or removed some tat's". And suddenly you do it.

Nicole Eggert and Alexandra Paul were two actresses who appeared on and were fan-favorites on the 90's syndicated action series, "Baywatch". They were also two of the ONLY actresses on the show that resisted plastic surgery. The reason this is significant is because the series was filmed in LA, primarily featured LA beach hotties as the series' heroines, and a flat out requirement to look perfect, YEARS before Hollywood caved into requiring it almost in every facet of the business. Eggert, who was a natural California beauty, basically was pressured into getting a boob job (and did). Paul was another athletic-type, but beautiful and was told "you look good, but you'd look better with a pair of these" and a producer threw down a Playboy in front of her, to try to encourage her to go get a major boob job (she was near flat chested). Paul refused, and was eventually written off the show.

Now this was a show that had constant hot chicks, running around in fake Blonde hair extensions, fake Double D boobs, and if you can't cover it up in makeup anymore, you go get work.

That (from what i'm told) is pretty much the LA game. That's how it is. And Axl might not be any different. When you live in a place, where EVERYONE YOU KNOW "gets work done all the time", you start thinking "what's the big deal? Everybody gets work done". Axl might've just been trying to keep up.

I'm a regular everyday person, far away from Hollywood and can easily say -- I need work done. Bono doesn't understand with someone "who looks fine", and granted Axl was a 'fit and skinny decent looking guy', so maybe Bono's argument works. But I think the thought process comes from when you look into the mirror and think mother nature made mistakes, and you want man to correct them. People tell me all the time, my chin looks fine. My chin looks fine. But I don't believe them. Because it does NOT look fine TO ME. I grow my beard out and do the goatee mixed with beard look (think Kim Thayil mixed with Opie on Sons of Anarchy) to cover up what I don't like, but ultimately if anyone ever has an interest in seeing me again without a beard, I feel I need work. But I keep getting told, I don't.

Now the other stuff I feel I need work on, most people are in agreement, but the one mentioned above is a nice example, because it's my thought process.

That might be how Axl felt, when everyone else was saying "what the fuck are you DOING?". I want the work done, but I don't want to turn out looking like Michael Jackson either.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

he hasn't had surgery...just looks bloated and drunk

And despite my above post, I still believe this. He looks bloated from alcohol. No work. I think that 2001 LA look on local TV was from tons of chemical peels, and being a vampire, maybe even poor diet. He looked white as a ghost (would explain his nocturnal behavior), plus the peels are what gave him that glossy, plastic, unnatural look.

Board footer