You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Axl at the Golden Globes afterparty

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Not gonna lie that jacket Jon is wearng is pretty cool.

Also I'm conflicted. I can't tell if I think Miley Cyrus is hot or not.

I'd blast on it. And i'm usually pretty critical.

Neemo wrote:

Maybe he just isn't able to let it go that 40-50 year olds aren't generally considered hot by 18-20 somethings 16

You know I hear this all the time, and think it's complete garbage. I see 20-25 year olds marrying 50 year old men all the time, both in Hollywood and in my own personal life.

I think there's certain men who get more 25 year old pussy at 50 than they did at 25. I have no clue what it is with broads and older men, but they LOVE old cock. I think it's because when they drop load 2 on 'em, they cuddle and talk about love, while the 25 year old guys light up a joint and play XBox or flirt with some other whore on Facebook.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't remember anyone making fun of his physical appearance back in the day but he took a fucking beating over his wardrobe from 1990 up to -- 2006 16

Seriously, he dressed like an idiot back in the UYI days.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Catcher vest and shin guards lol

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The look he's got is fine, it's his bloated face that fucks him up. He's closing in on Vince Neil as the most silly bloated rock vocalist ever. Fine, he's 50 years old. There's genes involved and a life style.

Doesn't look like he's even trying to keep some sort of weight limit.

But the most ironic thing is, truly fucking ironic is that the press gave him shit 10 years ago for being fat. Even in 2006 they gave him shit for being fat. It was absolutely redicilous of anyone to call the guy fat. The dude was in better shape than I ever was.

Now it looks like he was stuck McDonalds drinking beers and eating hamburgers for five years straight.

And I fear his stamina and voice will suffer directly and indirectly from this.

Interesting though, I would welcome a fat fight between Vince and Axl now. For the first time it would be funny.

Refuse him any tours until he looses at least 10 kgs.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Not gonna lie that jacket Jon is wearng is pretty cool.

Also I'm conflicted. I can't tell if I think Miley Cyrus is hot or not.

I'd blast on it. And i'm usually pretty critical.

On the jacket or on Miley? 14 tongue

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:

The look he's got is fine, it's his bloated face that fucks him up. He's closing in on Vince Neil as the most silly bloated rock vocalist ever. Fine, he's 50 years old. There's genes involved and a life style.

Doesn't look like he's even trying to keep some sort of weight limit.

But the most ironic thing is, truly fucking ironic is that the press gave him shit 10 years ago for being fat. Even in 2006 they gave him shit for being fat. It was absolutely redicilous of anyone to call the guy fat. The dude was in better shape than I ever was.

Now it looks like he was stuck McDonalds drinking beers and eating hamburgers for five years straight.

And I fear his stamina and voice will suffer directly and indirectly from this.

Interesting though, I would welcome a fat fight between Vince and Axl now. For the first time it would be funny.

Refuse him any tours until he looses at least 10 kgs.

I've heard the argument that caring about a singer's weight is because of concerns that it affects their performance many times.  I don't buy it.  If you practice proper diaphragmatic breathing, you can take in enough air to support your voice.  There are many heavier-set singers that have done this over time. 

Of course, if you move around while you sing, you will expel more air than you would otherwise.  If you sing in the upper portion of your range, you will expel more air and consequently need more air to support your voice.

Singing is not athletics, though. There isn't that same direct link between weight/body fat/fitness and performance as there would in basketball (as an example).

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah lots of opera singers with extremely powerful voices are over weight....then again...they're not doing a snake dance and running down a ramp either....if he got too out of shape I think it's the dancing and audience interaction that would wear him out and that would lead to breathlessness signing....so while fitness isn't directly linked to singing if giving a rock performance that's about more than just standing still then it will play a part.

You can already see it happen the times Axl's got pissed off and rebelled by dropping his stage entertainment and just standing on the spot and singing without moving at all (usually when someone throws something at him or the stage is dangerous or something) and in those instances his vocals have sounded amazing....despite his obvious displeasure at the situation....and it's probably because it's easier to sing those crazy parts when you're not also moving around.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Hmmm the fatter he gets the thinner and weaker his voice gets.

Rock singing isnt opera.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Rock singing isn't opera, and his voice is weaker now than it has been for a very very long time. Not talking about the rasp, talking about the rest of it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree very much that his voice is weakest this tour than on previous tours...so not trying to apologise....but I do think opera singing is actually very similar....very high and powerful notes that you need to hit 100% from the diaphragm. Not trying to be a dick - but I think things like the extended scream he used to do in LALD circa 2002 are actually using the same kind of body responce you'd do in opera to hit the massive notes in a song like nesindorma.

You can't pull off AFD or opera without breathing properly and I don't think being fat in and of itself should inhibit that.....

Unless it comes back to the movement/entertainment side of it..like the dancing and walking around is mildly winding him leaving him breathless for hitting the notes....but I know bigger guys who can hit epic powerful stuff in a variety of genres including metal.

It's curious though that he's used oxygen for years, makes me wonder if the years of smoking or something else is actually a factor as well, I don't deny his voice has issues at the moment, I'm just saying I wouldn't rush to judgment that it's about his diet.

Board footer