You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Axl at the Golden Globes afterparty

buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

Big difference though being fat ur entire life and then.becoming fat. For instance ive always been heavy so at 190lbs I can run half marathons.  My brother always was very skinny so at 190lbs he can barely walk a mile.

Agreed.  I was 135 lbs when I graduated high school and could run forever.  I'm roughly 220 now and I can't even run a half mile.  Some of that is just being out of shape and not doing it, but a lot of it is my legs not being used to holding that much weight...it's hard on my knees, shins, and hips.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

he's cooked.....let's move on. Seriously, he is done. Sly Stone done.

Gotta admit, i'm pretty much there as well. The other day I said to somebody that Slash actually carried on the GN'R legacy more than Axl (and I felt like I was dirty and needed multiple baths).

The fact that peers of his like a Chris Cornell & Eddie Vedder from that generation have done what they've done make it even more glaring. Hell, even Baz got his shit together and got his ass out there.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

he's cooked.....let's move on. Seriously, he is done. Sly Stone done.

Gotta admit, i'm pretty much there as well. The other day I said to somebody that Slash actually carried on the GN'R legacy more than Axl (and I felt like I was dirty and needed multiple baths).

The fact that peers of his like a Chris Cornell & Eddie Vedder from that generation have done what they've done make it even more glaring. Hell, even Baz got his shit together and got his ass out there.

If it's still Axl you're on, I don't get that thinking.

The dude is finally out, showing his fatness everywhere. Talk shows, Golden Globe, concerts. He's never been more in the eyes of the media and has toured extensively the past years.

If anything, I'd say he was done in 2005 when still nothing was out, nothing was heard and nothing was ever talked of. That was dark.

This is McDonalds on overdrive and the dude is far from over. He'll be here.

Question is, will it be relevant? Doesn't bloody look like it.

Sky Dog wrote:

seems to be done from an artistic standpoint...no interest in doing anything different. However, I love the fact he is actually out pimpin around in all his raw glory. He looks like a fat, happy lunatic. Good for him....but his mark on pop culture was done in 1991. We have to accept the fact that Gnr is over....OVER....and move on. Axl surely has moved on and is pretty much resting on his laurels.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:

Rock singing isn't opera, and his voice is weaker now than it has been for a very very long time. Not talking about the rasp, talking about the rest of it.

That's debatable to say the least.  My girlfriend and I attended the LA Forum show on 12/21/2011 and the last two shows of the Vegas residency and neither of us could hear any difference in performance.

As far as a "weak" voice goes, a "weak" voice would not be able to sustain the last note in the last chorus of "This I Love" as long as he did when I saw him and with as strong a vibrato as he did.  I'm sorry, but that is not the hallmark of a "weak" voice IMO.

Ali

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Listen to everything else

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

Listen to everything else

In case it wasn't clear, I was at all the shows (12/21/2011 in LA, and the 11/23 and 11/24/2012 Vegas shows) for the entirety of the shows, not just "This I Love".

Ali

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Perhaps it's weak in some parts of his range?

Can we agree that his voice is somewhat damaged, at least? smile

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Im not talkin 2011 to 2012. Im speaking in general from his prime or even 06

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i saw him 3 times live, rock am ring 2006, nijmegen 2006 and mönchen gladbach 2012. his voice was best at rock am ring, followed by the 2012 concert and then nijmegen 2006, so i wouldn`t say he`s weak right now. none of the shows were bad. the neil young show was a complete desaster, but apart from that he`s pretty consistent at the moment, except that there`s obviously less rasp.

Board footer