You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Guns N' Roses Vs Led Zeppelin

21 years old friend. That's cool. Everyone has their own tastes. Not a die hard Zep or Pink Floyd fan. Every band has their off points and bad records. For me I believe Pink Floyd's worst has to be the Final Cut and some of Momentary Lapse. I don't know how I discovered some of these bands especially since I've been surrounded by pop music most of my life; but I think I was just curious to see what the big deal with these bands were. Played some of their music online, listened to, and I got hooked. Also I thank my friends for having some of the songs in their collection for me to try out. Alot of this music has gotten me through some periods of loneliness and self doubt. Some of this music speaks to me. I became a Van Halen and Hendrix fan thanks to a person blasting their music on a speaker during the development of a high school play production and the internet. 16

To alot of people like me, this music brings hope and inspiration even though I wasn't even a thought when this music was made.

Which band is better?

Guns N' Roses 54%
Led Zeppelin 46%
Total votes: 24
monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's sort of wrong to compare the bands to me...cos I feel like Zep was one of the bands that paved the way for GNR.

I like GNR a lot more, but then I also have to respect that much of GNR's style is influenced by the foundational classic rock experimentation done by Zep.

It's like if you compare a modern horror to psycho.

In a way psycho has become clunky due to it's age and the modern movie will be better, but then you also can't dismiss psycho as the whole genre and many of the key defining moments of the style are found in it.

To me Zep is like that, the bluesy guitar solos, the high pitched vocals, the big drums sounds. All elements pioneered by that band and eventually developed and perfected by later artists.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Zep is the greatest ever. Sorry Guns.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

21 years old friend. That's cool. Everyone has their own tastes. Not a die hard Zep or Pink Floyd fan. Every band has their off points and bad records. For me I believe Pink Floyd's worst has to be the Final Cut and some of Momentary Lapse. I don't know how I discovered some of these bands especially since I've been surrounded by pop music most of my life; but I think I was just curious to see what the big deal with these bands were. Played some of their music online, listened to, and I got hooked. Also I thank my friends for having some of the songs in their collection for me to try out. Alot of this music has gotten me through some periods of loneliness and self doubt. Some of this music speaks to me. I became a Van Halen and Hendrix fan thanks to a person blasting their music on a speaker during the development of a high school play production and the internet. 16

To alot of people like me, this music brings hope and inspiration even though I wasn't even a thought when this music was made.

Wow 21 most 21 years olds i know pop pills and listen to dance music good one mate 22

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'm 35 too and I've never cared for Zeppelin. I find them incredibly uninteresting. I've never heard anything by them that makes me think "wow that's so good"  Just isn't my style and hey I do own the four disc box set so I've heard enough to know they aren't my thing. I haven't just judged from the radio.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Gibbo wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Wow 21 most 21 years olds i know pop pills and listen to dance music good one mate 22

haha..Thanks man! 5 Yeah no drugs for this guy unless it's for my allergies. 14

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Love Guns but Led Zeppelin no contest whatsoever

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

Am I the only one here that can be totally objective and pick zeppelin even though gnr IS my favorite band?

what's the poll, favorite band or best band?

zeppelin accomplished more for sure but I listen to gnr more often.

johndivney wrote:

zep didn't accomplish more. gnr did in one album what it took zep to do in 6 or 7, what it took the stones to do in 10 or 12.

imo there's no contest. i love zep. but they're quite easily second best in this discussion.

you don't get points for longevity. in a battle of sheer brilliance it's guns all the way.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
johndivney wrote:

zep didn't accomplish more. gnr did in one album what it took zep to do in 6 or 7, what it took the stones to do in 10 or 12.

imo there's no contest. i love zep. but they're quite easily second best in this discussion.

you don't get points for longevity. in a battle of sheer brilliance it's guns all the way.

Out iv all zeps albums i only like a hand full iv songs
Plant vs Axl = axl
Page vs Slash = 21

Board footer