You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Guns N' Roses Vs Led Zeppelin

Gibbo wrote:

Come On Fuckers 5
f_zpse2a92a14.jpg

Which band is better?

Guns N' Roses 54%
Led Zeppelin 46%
Total votes: 24
tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

zep didn't accomplish more. gnr did in one album what it took zep to do in 6 or 7, what it took the stones to do in 10 or 12.

imo there's no contest. i love zep. but they're quite easily second best in this discussion.

you don't get points for longevity. in a battle of sheer brilliance it's guns all the way.

A shitload more of Zeppelin's music endures on the radio today than GN'R. More bands by a long shot were influenced by Zeppelin than GN'R. Zeppelin sold three times as many records as GN'R. Please explain how in the world GN'R accomplished more than Zeppelin.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

zep didn't accomplish more. gnr did in one album what it took zep to do in 6 or 7, what it took the stones to do in 10 or 12.

imo there's no contest. i love zep. but they're quite easily second best in this discussion.

you don't get points for longevity. in a battle of sheer brilliance it's guns all the way.

A shitload more of Zeppelin's music endures on the radio today than GN'R. More bands by a long shot were influenced by Zeppelin than GN'R. Zeppelin sold three times as many records as GN'R. Please explain how in the world GN'R accomplished more than Zeppelin.

Iv never hear a led zep song on the radio here in Australia

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Iv never hear a led zep song on the radio here in Australia

What radio stations are you listening to? Neither one of these bands are getting any airplay on modern rock radio if that's what you're listening to. But here in the States, Classic Rock stations play a ton of Zeppelin and barely any GN'R. With GN'R it's pretty much a handful of songs (mainly the big 3 from Appetite), but with Zeppelin it's more like 20-30 songs that get a lot of airplay.

I've lived in two different Texas cities and both have "Get The Led Out" every single night at a specified time. It's a miniature block of 4-5 random Zeppelin songs played in a row. GN'R will never have that status because they didn't have a big enough impact. And what's funny is Zeppelin didn't believe in releasing singles, yet a ton of their music has been played over and over on the radio.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Only in alternaitve universe has GNR achieved more than Led Zeppelin Zepp trumps Guns in every way possible longevity, consistency, relevance, sheer brilliance of their output, skills, musicianship Led Zeppelin were, are and always will be in league of their own

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:

I hope all yous spend as much time or more on a led zep forum as you do here then if they are so good

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

There seems to be a misconception that your favorite band has to be the best band of all time.  Favorite and best/better are two completely different things.

GnR is my favorite band, but I think The Beatles was (were?) the greatest band ever.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

We're on a GN'R board, I'm a GN'R fan, and while Led Zep have their place in rock n roll, it's all about Guns N' Fuckin' Roses.

GN'R all the way baby! 9

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There seems to be a misconception that your favorite band has to be the best band of all time.  Favorite and best/better are two completely different things.

GnR is my favorite band, but I think The Beatles was (were?) the greatest band ever.

Beatles are the most influential and the greatest in terms of songwriting, but I think the likes of Zeppelin eclipsed them in musical talent. Vocals, guitar, bass, drums. Zeppelin was better at every single one of those instruments than the Beatles. But the Beatles had three of the best songwriters ever. They were incredibly prolific (eat your heart out, Axl). And they influenced everyone that came after them, including Zeppelin and GN'R.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I like Guns more, obviously. But if I'm going to be honest, I think Zeppelin is the better band historically.

Board footer