You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses Vs. The Beatles

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Which band is better?

Guns N' Roses 48%
The Beatles 52%
Total votes: 23
buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think this one can really be debated.  I can see liking GnR more, but that isn't the question.

I also can't wait for the inevitable Slash is better than George Harrison and Axl is a better singer...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I think everyone who's ever been in GN'R would tell you The Beatles are the better band.

Same thing applies to Zeppelin and GN'R, but that certainly didn't stop GN'R fans from attempting to shit all over Zeppelin. 16

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I think everyone who's ever been in GN'R would tell you The Beatles are the better band.

Same thing applies to Zeppelin and GN'R, but that certainly didn't stop GN'R fans from attempting to shit all over Zeppelin. 16

Although I voted for Zep, I could see how people might like GN'R better. With this one though, I just don't understand how one could argue that GN'R is better.

In terms of liking a band more, you can easily like someone more than the Beatles. I like a number of artists more than the Beatles, but the Beatles are the most influential band ever and they had three of the best songwriters ever.

Lomax wrote:

No. This has to stop. We've taken this too far. If GNR beat the Beatles on this I'm leaving.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Riad wrote:

No. This has to stop. We've taken this too far. If GNR beat the Beatles on this I'm leaving.

GN'R is already pulling ahead in the poll. I bet one of the dorks at MYGNR set up a voting bot for it. I remember they did that for the online Hall of Fame voting a couple years ago. But they're about to run into another nutjob fanbase in the finals (Rush).

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I dont' care what anyone in Guns N' Roses thinks they are not me . Guns N' Roses mean more to me than the Beatles. I like their music better, I like the songs, the guitars, the voice all of it better. So I voted for Guns N' Roses. I don't need to be objective when it comes to voting for who I enjoy more. That's all it comes down to is who I like better. Are the Beatles more influential? Yes? Did they have a bigger impact on the industry as a whole? Yes. Do they have more material? Yes? Did they sell more albums? Yes. Do they have more classic songs? Yes.  Do I like them better? No. And that last one that my friends is the only thing I base my vote on. I like Guns N' Roses better. There for they are better..... to me.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Riad wrote:

Leaving what? The internet?

haha, good question Russ. It's not like GNR Evo is behind rigging the vote. That dubious honor goes to MYGNR (and perhaps HTGTH).

Board footer