You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses Vs. The Beatles

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Slash and Duff = Very well adjusted people and normal.

Axl and Izzy = Both are weird. Izzy gets more of a pass because he's liked more. I haven't seen anything in Izzy in the last 20 years that says he's more well-adjusted than Axl. Axl holds a grudge and can't release an album, which probably has more to do with his relationship with the label than any "emotional problems." Axl has shown to be pretty normal lately, besides the typical rock star stuff. Nomad's aren't the most "normal" people walking the earth.

You're basing this off Izzy being a celebrity who goes about his business and doesn't play the media/celeb game. You're basing this on the act you know NOTHING about Izzy.  Who of us really do?  We never hear about Izzy, he hardly ever shows up anywhere and because of that he's fucking weird? Shit maybe he's the most well adjusted of them all. Has gone about his business and lived his life away from the spotlight.  There's no way in hell you can make a convincing argument that Izzy is as weird or weirder than Axl. It's ririculous to even try.

Yeah, silly argument by misterID. Izzy has never liked the spotlight. That isn't weird at all IMHO.

Which band is better?

Guns N' Roses 48%
The Beatles 52%
Total votes: 23
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This isn't a battle or an argument. No one has to agree with me.

Izzy is weird. He doesn't like the spotlight because he can't handle it. He couldn't handle too many one off shows, either. He couldn't handle success, even worse than any other guy in the band. He can't handle working with lead singers. He can't handle tours. Slash and Duff went through more than Izzy and they didn't have a breakdown that effects them today. He's a bigger recluse than Axl. What we have are two guys with big hang ups, but one is relegated to being a headcase because you don't like him. The other is propped up as a hero with personality quirks, because you do like him. I'm not discussing who's better looking, you guys can have at that.

Mikka is right, there is an Izzy myth. It's not a knock. It's not an attack. He's a weird dude. 

End of story.

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl and Izzy = Both are weird. Izzy gets more of a pass because he's liked more. I haven't seen anything in Izzy in the last 20 years that says he's more well-adjusted than Axl. Axl holds a grudge and can't release an album, which probably has more to do with his relationship with the label than any "emotional problems." Axl has shown to be pretty normal lately, besides the typical rock star stuff. Nomad's aren't the most "normal" people walking the earth.

You're basing this off Izzy being a celebrity who goes about his business and doesn't play the media/celeb game. You're basing this on the act you know NOTHING about Izzy.  Who of us really do?  We never hear about Izzy, he hardly ever shows up anywhere and because of that he's fucking weird? Shit maybe he's the most well adjusted of them all. Has gone about his business and lived his life away from the spotlight.  There's no way in hell you can make a convincing argument that Izzy is as weird or weirder than Axl. It's ririculous to even try.

You don't personally know Axl, either. Doesn't stop you from casting assumptions.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

He couldn't handle success, even worse than any other guy in the band.

This is nonsense. Izzy didn't nearly kill himself during the band's prime, unlike Slash, Duff, and Adler. All three of them went over the top with their substance abuse when they got their hands on enough money to pay for their habits. Izzy went the opposite direction. Cleaned himself up. Looked at the dictatorial situation with Axl and the general direction of the band's music. Asked his accountant how much money he had in the bank. Then said, "Fuck it, I'm out." Then went on to live a pretty quiet life while producing a lot of solo music projects. That seems like the most level-headed behavior of the 5.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

it took 3 or 4 years for izzy to clean up after AFD hit it big

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

it took 3 or 4 years for izzy to clean up after AFD hit it big

At least he put in the effort. The others just went further and further down their rabbit holes. Three of them lost their minds with substance abuse while one of them lost his mind with the most paranoid ego-trip ever.

misterID

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

He couldn't handle success, even worse than any other guy in the band.

This is nonsense. Izzy didn't nearly kill himself during the band's prime, unlike Slash, Duff, and Adler. All three of them went over the top with their substance abuse when they got their hands on enough money to pay for their habits. Izzy went the opposite direction. Cleaned himself up. Looked at the dictatorial situation with Axl and the general direction of the band's music. Asked his accountant how much money he had in the bank. Then said, "Fuck it, I'm out." Then went on to live a pretty quiet life while producing a lot of solo music projects. That seems like the most level-headed behavior of the 5.

Izzy absolutely did almost kill himself during his drug years and GN'Rs prime. And this isn't about drug use, just personalities.And he kind of had to, considering the cops were piss testing him every week because of his plane incident. And no, it had more than a visit with his accountant to make him bail, he couldn't handle success and went the direction with the least responsibility he'd have to deal with. There's nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is. He ran from success and everything that came with it. Duff and Slash kicked their demons and didn't run and hide, they kept on running in the spotlight. Again, there's nothing wrong with what Izzy did, it's just pretty obvious to me he couldn't/can't handle the spotlight.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well some people get scared straight and some people keep on truckin, addiction is a bizarre thing, there is no logic or effort, in slash's book he says that izzy's father took him home to help him get sober, if left to his own devices he probably would've fell back into it

these guys were early twenties partying hard with anything and everything at their disposal for free in LA...its not surprising that they be came addicts, they werent the first and they arent the last, izzy got spooked that he was going to die and he got help to find his way out

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

This isn't a battle or an argument. No one has to agree with me.

Izzy is weird. He doesn't like the spotlight because he can't handle it. He couldn't handle too many one off shows, either. He couldn't handle success, even worse than any other guy in the band. He can't handle working with lead singers. He can't handle tours. Slash and Duff went through more than Izzy and they didn't have a breakdown that effects them today. He's a bigger recluse than Axl. What we have are two guys with big hang ups, but one is relegated to being a headcase because you don't like him. The other is propped up as a hero with personality quirks, because you do like him. I'm not discussing who's better looking, you guys can have at that.

Mikka is right, there is an Izzy myth. It's not a knock. It's not an attack. He's a weird dude. 

End of story.

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

You don't personally know Axl, either. Doesn't stop you from casting assumptions.

Wow. Izzy didn't like touring so he stopped. Izzy had enough of the lead singers bullshit so he left.  Izzy didn't want to be a junkie so he stopped. Izzy who is 1/100th as popular as Axl is just as big a  recluse as Axl? Maybe Izzy was the only one  who saw his own life as more important than Guns N' Roses and knew Gn'R wasn't what defines him and he'd be just fien with leaving. Makes it easy to walk away when you're well adjusted and deep down have your priorities straight. You think Izzy's "breakdown" from over 20 years ago is affecting him to this day? Do tell what in the hell you base that on? The fact he's living his life doing whatever he wants to do without media attention?  Seems like some pretty adverse effects doesn't it. roll  The fact you keep telling me that I think Axl is a bigger headcase than Izzy because I like Izzy and don't like Axl is fucking horsehit and such a cop out on your part. It's you simplfying it to idiotic levels to discredit someone's opinion in an attmpt to make your's more valid but unfortunately for you you fail miserably.

Izzy is a "weird" dude because none of us really know all that much about him. He seems to like it that way. No desire for fame, no desire for the spotlight, no desire for the extravgant lifestyle. Hmmm... to me he's probably the most well adjusted of them all.  And no ID I don't know Axl at all but I sure as hell know enough to make a well formulated opinion that Axl is a massive nutcase.  Again what in the last 20 years validates your opinion that Izzy is a bigger nutcase than Axl?  the fact he's successfully shunned the spotlight of celebrity? Good one.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Meanwhile, how about the Beatles? haha

misterID

misterID wrote:

Dude, calm down. There's no need to throw out insults and turn this into another flame war. I'm not disrespecting you.

First, it's how I see it, simple as that. Second, I'm not telling you how you think, you identitfied with what I laid out. And I just mentioned I see some hypocrisy between how Axl is treated and Izzy is treated. You identified with that yourself. And to me Izzy decided to leave because he couldn't handle the pressure and his lifestyle depicts that. I think he's a weird cat. That's all.

And J.D. Salinger dropped out and lived a quiet life, doesn't mean he wasn't still weird, complicated and all that.

Board footer