You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: AXL ROSE Reportedly Close to Losing Lawsuit Against ACTIVISION For Fea

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I'm not hung up up on the lack of classic rock riffs. Pretty meaningless to me. If you hear some of those instrumental tracks, the guitar work is really good.  Tommy's bass is killer, too, and he was the biggest victim of having too much going on. Some cool stuff got drowned out. Some of the effect are really good on CD, but it's buried by Ron's guitar.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Can't agree about Catcher. That solo is one of my favorites and I don't miss May one bit

Resisting... temptation... to.... be... negative... 14

Seriously though, you prefer Bumble's solo? ron

I've tried to like Bumble's solo on there. But while Brian May's solo (even if supposedly edited together by Axl and some producer) is full of melody and sounds nicely structured to fit the song, Bumble's solo sounds just disjointed and odd... Like he's resisting temptation to shred, and play something melodic, but doesn't know what he's doing...

Again, props to you if you like that, but somehow it doesn't sound right to my ears. 10

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I'm not hung up up on the lack of classic rock riffs. Pretty meaningless to me. If you hear some of those instrumental tracks, the guitar work is really good.  Tommy's bass is killer, too, and he was the biggest victim of having too much going on. Some cool stuff got drowned out. Some of the effect are really good on CD, but it's buried by Ron's guitar.

Yeah, there's not really anything wrong with the album musically. Some parts are very removed from AFD of course, but they're mostly good. There are at least 5 solos which if Slash had done them could easily be considered among his best. The only solos I think are "just there" would be CD and The Blues. On the other hand Axls work on the latter is about as good as it gets and the guitar outro to the former is pretty damn badass, so they still end up being good songs.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Can't agree about Catcher. That solo is one of my favorites and I don't miss May one bit

Resisting... temptation... to.... be... negative... 14

Seriously though, you prefer Bumble's solo? ron

I've tried to like Bumble's solo on there. But while Brian May's solo (even if supposedly edited together by Axl and some producer) is full of melody and sounds nicely structured to fit the song, Bumble's solo sounds just disjointed and odd... Like he's resisting temptation to shred, and play something melodic, but doesn't know what he's doing...

Again, props to you if you like that, but somehow it doesn't sound right to my ears. 10

I listened to it again just to check, and yes that solo still makes me slightly lose control over certain bodily functions. The bend is so intense, makes the emotion of the song resonate perfectly. The outro solo is also incredible. Catcher is in my top 3 on the album I think.

Actually wasn't sure if that was Bumble or BH until now. Makes me all the less worried about Rons future contributions. I haven't heard anything quite like that in his solo work (feel pretty much the same way about 21), so I guess the force is strong with Axl indeed.

Lomax wrote:

Me too. I think it's a better solo personally

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I really like that solo...I like how bumble pays what May did but in his own style and adds some shreddy goodness.

What I'm less fond of is the change to the rhythm part before it...how the distortion bit feeds back differently - as I liked that part in the demo....

and I really notice the new beginning....I like what bumble added but I think the piano is too quiet at the start now...I used to like the way the piano led off in the demo.

For me with CD though, the finished ones took time to adjust to as the changes seemed so new, but a few years in, now if i go back and listen to older versions, the finished ones do seem more finished.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I always thought this was incredibly lame on Axl's part. I feel no different today. Such a douche move in my opinion

*I took a big risk posting that. Not sure if it's going to be interpreted as me telling others to go suck some cock and if it portrays me as someone who HATES the new lineup. I just don't know......

Completely agree. Hope he loses BIG. 21

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I feel two ways about it.

Morally it's fuckheady of Axl to try and make out like it was the new guys not the old who did AFD and so on.

BUT

From a contract law POV he's in the right. He made a deal with activision (however retarded the idea behind that deal is) and they fucked him.

So really he should win.

What i'd love to see though is a peace agreement.

I think of Ac/Dc and it's different cos of the death of Bon Scott. But like everyone in the band looks back to the bon era - including brian - and talks fondly of it and admits the talent - but they're also positive about the later works and so on too. Megadeth is a bit the same....people miss marty and want him back...but he doesn't want to come back...and the new band respects what he did and also does kickass stuff of its own.

I wish we could get to that place. Where Axl and Slash can be civil about it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Irony is if axl wants to erase Slash and co,  release more kick ass albums

Prove u dont need them

Cause right now he hasnt

Board footer