You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

Re: SLASH 'Wasn't Disappointed' By AXL ROSE's Decision To Skip RnRHoF

jonesy wrote:

Ronan McGreevy of The Irish Times recently conducted an interview with legendary guitarist Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER). A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

The Irish Times: How did you feel about GUNS N' ROSES being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and Axl Rose [vocals] not showing up?

Slash: I wasn't disappointed. I was more relieved at the time because prior to that it was such a negative subject. At one point I thought, if we all show up, then what? When he said he wasn't coming, I thought, "Good, at least I can do something." Duff [McKagan, bass] and I spoke and we rehearsed what we did together. That in itself was a good thing.

The Irish Times: Do you think his non-appearance finally put to bed the expectations that the original GUNS N' ROSES lineup would ever reform?

Slash: I think more than anything it put it to bed for Steven Adler [original GUNS N' ROSES drummer]. He was trying the hardest to make it happen because he missed a lot of it. He was finally resigned to the idea that it was never going to happen. I knew in my heart it was never going to happen because I left the band in the early 1990s. I have never really had any expectations since then.

The Irish Times: Do you feel any resentment towards the GUNS N' ROSES who are touring the world at the moment?

Slash: No, I just want to get on with what I'm doing. It's been a long time. I'm really happy that Axl seems to be happy. He's probably at the same place that I'm at. Whether he calls it GUNS or something else I don't care. I signed that name away a long time ago.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … um=twitter

I would have certainly been relieved Axl announced he wasn't going to show too, like "Ah, now we know we dont have to deal with anything that awkward, lets just go out and play some tunes".  Can't blame him for that.

Lomax wrote:

Such fucking honesty. You'd wonder how he survived hollywood!

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

By lying his way over the last 20+ years?

He's fucking lying in this interview, when he says " I knew in my heart it was never going to happen because I left the band in the early 1990s. I have never really had any expectations since then." YEAH RIGHT.

I'm not a Slash basher or an Axl supporter, nowadays I just had enough of BOTH of them with their misleadings and frequent revisions of history.
[rant]
MAN UP, YOU TWO, SLASH AND AXL. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OF WHAT YOU'VE DONE AND WHAT YOU'VE SAID AND STOP BEING LAME ASS LIARS AND WORRY MORE ABOUT ARTISTIC AND CREATIVE ENDEAVORS THAN THE LIMELIGHT OR BEING HELD AS THE SAINT WHEN YOU ARE BOTH TO BLAME.
[/rant]

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Slash was wanting to be back in the band at least up until the infamous 2006 visit.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think it's one thing how he felt then, and another how he feels (and wants to remember) now.

otto

otto wrote:

Or how he wants people to remember stuff...

Anyone wants to place a bet that could last a few years to be resolved?

I bet Slash will say in the future that he NEVER wanted his place back on Guns N' Roses and that Axl was the one wanting a reunion all these years..

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
otto wrote:

Or how he wants people to remember stuff.....

Possible

otto wrote:

Anyone wants to place a bet that could last a few years to be resolved?

I bet Slash will say in the future that he NEVER wanted his place back on Guns N' Roses and that Axl was the one wanting a reunion all these years..

Nonsense. So if you wanna bet, let's do it. Slash will not say that Axl wanted badly the reunion in the past years.

On the other hand, I've just read a new Slash interview. He says that the reunion will not happen, but he's not interested anyway, cause he's happy with Myles and the Conspirators and he doesn't need the stress of working with unstable frontmen.

otto

otto wrote:

I think both Slash and Axl, and their camps, are revisionists.

I'm glad Slash seems to be moving on. Apocalyptic Love, although weak in some points, is a consistent album and has some really good guitar from Slash, things I haven't heard from him since his GNR days.

I hope Axl moves on as well.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Regardless of whatever he said or did in the past, I'd tend to believe his thoughts on this particular issue. If Axl had attended, I think the whole thing would've turned into a giant circus.

Isn't that circus what we miss about gnr?

Thanks Jonesy!

Board footer