You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: SLASH 'Wasn't Disappointed' By AXL ROSE's Decision To Skip RnRHoF

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

My best friend and workout partner told me yesterday he was watching Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and he said.. " that dude singing for them made me want to punch myself in the face." HAHAHAHAHAHA guess he isnt a fan of Myles either.

I showed the performance to a friend of mine who's a big Slash fan and he too thought Myles was awful.  Said they should've just jammed without a singer.  He's also not a fan of Ron, DJ, etc. either.  Holding out for that reunion I guess.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I showed my friends friend friend the Bridge School Benefit show and he too thought axl was awful Said they should've just jammed without a singer 13

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

My best friend and workout partner told me yesterday he was watching Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and he said.. " that dude singing for them made me want to punch myself in the face." HAHAHAHAHAHA guess he isnt a fan of Myles either.

I showed the performance to a friend of mine who's a big Slash fan and he too thought Myles was awful.  Said they should've just jammed without a singer.  He's also not a fan of Ron, DJ, etc. either.  Holding out for that reunion I guess.

I think Myles gives it his all, which Slash appreciates and keeps him in his comfort zone. I really wish I could have heard Slash with Corey Taylor, though. Not saying it would be great, I'm just interested in what it sounded like. Maybe we'll end up with a Corey and Duff band. That would be cool.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah Duff has VR tracks with Corey's audition apparently.

Would be curious to hear.

I like corey - but while commercially he's an answer for VR, I think his style is a bit one dimensional for slash long term - but they could do a killer few tracks. Would have been a good option for a guest spot on the solo album.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

I showed my friends friend friend the Bridge School Benefit show and he too thought axl was awful Said they should've just jammed without a singer 13

I know you're "joking", but the difference there is, the Bridge School was an off night for Axl.  (Insert joke here about numerous off nights recently).  Myles, in my mind, doesn't have off nights.  People just don't like his voice for whatever reason.

Nice try though. 13

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Corey Taylor stuff again... Lord...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
faldor wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

I know you're "joking", but the difference there is, the Bridge School was an off night for Axl.  (Insert joke here about numerous off nights recently).  Myles, in my mind, doesn't have off nights.  People just don't like his voice for whatever reason.

Nice try though. 13

Its only hardcore GNRs fan who dont like his voice cant say im in love with him but he gets the job done its pretty hard ask to cover other vocalest singing. It would be like axl trying to sing alterbridge songs all the alterbridge hardcore would say axl sucks.To me its like bumbleboot in gnrs really cant stand him as a guitarist would much rather see buckethead back in the band but i think hes a good person and all.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Gibbo wrote:
faldor wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Nice try though. 13

Its only hardcore GNRs fan who dont like his voice cant say im in love with him but he gets the job done its pretty hard ask to cover other vocalest singing. It would be like axl trying to sing alterbridge songs all the alterbridge hardcore would say axl sucks.To me its like bumbleboot in gnrs really cant stand him as a guitarist would much rather see buckethead back in the band but i think hes a good person and all.

This is a lame excuse. Axl has done some of the best covers ever of legendary artists like Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, and Aerosmith. Myles just has a really annoying, nasally voice even on his own songs.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Axl like all top singers can take any song and make it his own. Myles simply ain't a top singer.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

he used to be able to do that. Not anymore. I'm no a big fan of Myles but I think I'd wager he has the ability to effectively cover songs better than Axl these days(just not Gn'R songs)

Board footer