You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: SLASH 'Wasn't Disappointed' By AXL ROSE's Decision To Skip RnRHoF

-D- wrote:

Cd musically is a korn album w guitar solos

Sky Dog wrote:

Coma-Locomotive-Estranged are Axl and Slash's masterpieces...no I zzy influence there at all.... TWAT is great but doesn't match those three. Simple as that. 13

Madagascar should have been great but it was recorded very shitty in my opinion...great lyrics and ideas...horrible execution.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

That might be the most bizarre comparison I've ever seen on here. 16

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

That might be the most bizarre comparison I've ever seen on here. 16

yeah and it makes absolutely no sense. maybe except for shacklers and the korn track "haze" (which is a non album track by the way ;-) )

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

CD sounds nothing like Korn.

Yeah.. definitely two different ball games right there.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

People gI ve izzy wayyyyyy too much credit for his part in scom. Slashs intro kinda dictates the chord progression and DCG is most common chord progression in music history.  Intro Slashs root notes go D E G

So Izzy goin to C instead of E is cool but hardly groundbreaking

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think the only think that makes you butt hurt is that those CD epics don't suck without Slash. tongue

That's your opinion.  The lack of success of any of the singles and the album as a whole says otherwise.  The only song they made worthy of the GnR name was TWaT.  That's it.  The other CD "epics" are epically bad.

CD was successful, critically and financially. Rolling Stone rated Better as one of the best singles of the year. Chinese Democracy charted pretty well, though that is a weak way to show how good a song is or isn't. Prostitute was great, Catcher, TWAT, yeah, pretty awesome stuff.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

People gI ve izzy wayyyyyy too much credit for his part in scom. Slashs intro kinda dictates the chord progression and DCG is most common chord progression in music history.  Intro Slashs root notes go D E G

So Izzy goin to C instead of E is cool but hardly groundbreaking

I swear you just say shit to try to get a rise out of people. 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think the only think that makes you butt hurt is that those CD epics don't suck without Slash. tongue

That's your opinion.  The lack of success of any of the singles and the album as a whole says otherwise.  The only song they made worthy of the GnR name was TWaT.  That's it.  The other CD "epics" are epically bad.

CD was successful, critically and financially. Rolling Stone rated Better as one of the best singles of the year. Chinese Democracy charted pretty well, though that is a weak way to show how good a song is or isn't. Prostitute was great, Catcher, TWAT, yeah, pretty awesome stuff.

Well, the rest of society disagrees with your interpretation of great.  Thank goodness.

Board footer