You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: BUMBLEFOOT Says Waiting For A New GUNS N' ROSES Album To Get Done Is '

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

For the life of me, I can't picture Axl digging anything like what's here.

That could be a hold up.

can't stand anything about him....

Sky Dog wrote:
smoke wrote:

It is strange how easy it is to turn into an Axl or Slash proxy. I feel like I'm perfectly able to be critical of either without needing to use the other to bolster my argument- they're both flawed in different ways.

But like I said, it's such an easy trap to fall into.

on point....that's how I feel.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The other members have put out a TON of great music and lived full musical careers outside of GNR while Axl remains crippled by psychological problems that causes the endless drama and bullshit list of people who've "wronged" the band...prevents him from achieving the greatness he once had, seemingly makes it impossible to release even a morsel of his creativity in terms of new music....and seems to have to be coaxed into doing even the smallest of changes to the live show.

That's it totally, like I said, plain to see. And I simply do not understand how anyone cannot agree with this. 

monkeychow wrote:

You can pretend stuff like Anastasia isn't good guitar if you want to, but if Axl or Izzy had sung over the same shit in 1993 we'd all be jacking off to it.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

it goes both ways...just as many people run down Axl in order to build up the old members...it is a two way street which is why I rarely engage in any conversations anymore....everything gets petty and vindictive.

Quoting as a reminder that your karma should be reactivated. smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I was listening on the radio the other day, and ANOTHER DJ played this whole thing up about how "some member of GN'R said they wished GN'R would never record another album", and that Axl was all pissed and gonna kick him out of the band.

Like completely made up out of thin air.

Either way, I stand by my statements. Axl will never admit to this, but he wants to record again, but with the old guys. Slash & Izzy inspired him, but with the drama and all that shit, and Slash's continuing "just record and release it" attitude, and it not being Axl's way, Axl's not gonna do it.

At the same time, Axl doesn't come across as all that inspired by what he's got now. It's obvious. The man has made no move AT ALL to do ANYTHING musically. I think he was also hurt that his ballads were not better received, but the thing is -- they were. They were the most postively reviewed thing on CD, by critics and fans alike, with critics admitting they wanted to hate them, but adored them.

What else does Axl want? MTV? Top-10 radio? It's not 1991 anymore. This I Love was the NR or CD, and TWAT was the Estranged of CD, and neither had the capability of going #1 in the rock landscape of today, even with promo. People don't want to hear it outside of classic rock fans.

I still think Axl's best option on the entire planet is a Black Ice situation mixed with CD ballads. Reunite, get the band back together, and just do a throwback GN'R album with AFD rockers, and UYI ballads.

I have no doubt with all of the complete and total suck ass out there it'll probably be the biggest rock smash in years in the scene, even if only went 4x platinum. Rock has practically been dead since the whole Linkin Park & Creed thing wore off years ago. What was the last really successful rock album? That Nickelback album?

They've got the means, and they're still plenty young enough, even if just for a few years.

Axl has no heat left, and he knows that. He's not even burped DJ's name in terms of music, and frankly I doubt believe DJ to tell me a weather report anymore.

The only card to play is a reunion, period. What I think is sad is I always saw Axl as an artist, someone truely in it for the expression, no different than his Seattle contemporaries at the time.

BOY, was I wrong.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

it goes both ways...just as many people run down Axl in order to build up the old members...it is a two way street which is why I rarely engage in any conversations anymore....everything gets petty and vindictive.

I don't know that anyone has run down Axl more than Axl.  The guy makes himself an easy target.  Now maybe he does that on purpose...I don't know, but he gives people easy material to use to run him down with.  Most of the time when I see Axl being "run down" it's someone stating a pretty well known fact or fact based opinion/speculation these days.  I don't see to many random attacks (here at least).  Now mygnr is so bad that I can't even read it...the chat here is all of us singing folk songs around a campfire compared to mygnr.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The sad thing is he is still beloved worldwide as a rock star. All it'd take is calling Slash, and he'd be babyface again overnight. The guy is loved, which is stunning considering how much he's a legendary tube steak.

He just doesn't care.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I still love the guy (warts and all).  It's hard to do sometimes.  I even defended CD to someone who was bashing it without ever hearing it.  It's okay to bash it if you've heard it and don't like it, but don't bash it just for the sake of bashing it.  It has some moments that flash what could have been even for those that don't like it that much.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

For the life of me, I can't picture Axl digging anything like what's here.

That could be a hold up.

can't stand anything about him....

Yeah, I'm increasingly feeling the same way. Say what you like about Robin (personally I love him), but he had a distinctive, interesting sound. You knew when he was playing, and his weird atonal string bends and slides and wiggly-leg stuff had heart and feeling and meaning.

Ashba just churns out banal, generic licks with clichéd flourishes. I know exactly how he's going to play a solo before he plays it, and I know exactly what predictable twiddly shit and delayed bends he's going to layer over a note that should've been sustained. He's ruined the This I Love and Better outro solos. I can't stand his Criss Angel looks (shallow, I know, and it's the least criticism I have of him – the guy can wear what he likes as long as he plays well), and his calculated rock-star posturing.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, and his anti-bullying work has to be applauded, but I don't think he brings anything to GN'R.

I want Robin back. And Bucket. And, y'know what, Huge too. I've been rewatching the RIR 2001 videos recently, and there's such promise and potential in that band. They were actually writing new material, for all that behind the scenes they apparently didn't get on. Robin and Bucket really complemented each other, in a way that Bumble and Ashba (and even Bumble and Robin) didn't.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Whoa...hold it.  Let's not go too crazy by bringing Robin back.

Every time I'm starting to feel all warm and fuzzy, someone has to ruin it...

Board footer