You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Duff's Book

buzzsaw wrote:

I have been out of the country for 7 days on a cruise.  One of my projects for the cruise was to read Duff's book.  It was a great read, though there were times I wish he had gone into more details on things.

The one thing I found interested was I've seen a lot of people quote the first time he addresses signing the name over.  He discusses it again later and the tone and wht he implies is quite different.  I'm curious if anyone else noticed that and what their thouts were on that (and the rest of the book).

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I've read it last year.

The thing I've noticed is that it was mentioned as being 93 when all other versions pointed to 91/92.

Overall, the book was good, his history is fantastic from being in a condition of panic attacks to having his family erupting to become a rockstar then a junkie then an alcoholic then an athlete.

Fact wise I noticed a few inconsistencies but memory fails everybody.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
otto wrote:

Especially if you were under the influence of various substances at the time you acquired those memories.

otto

otto wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
otto wrote:

Especially if you were under the influence of various substances at the time you acquired those memories.

Yeah, but there are things in there that sound completely delusional and a simple youtube search could get those facts straight. Remember that this is a book written in 2010, for Christ's sake!

Like, for Rock In Rio II, in January 1990, Duff says that he was pissed cause there was already a horn section and two keyboardists. Actually that only happened after Izzy quit, in December 1991. 10

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
otto wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
otto wrote:

Yeah, but there are things in there that sound completely delusional and a simple youtube search could get those facts straight. Remember that this is a book written in 2010, for Christ's sake!

Like, for Rock In Rio II, in January 1990, Duff says that he was pissed cause there was already a horn section and two keyboardists. Actually that only happened after Izzy quit, in December 1991. 10

Rio wasn't until January 1991. But you are right that it was still a stripped down rock band for the most part, although they had incorporated the ridiculous drum solos and such at that point.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Saw this posted over on HTGTH.  Looks interesting in whatever form its released.  Released is such a dirty word in the land of GNR, hopefully THIS does indeed see the light of day.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Muy interesante!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Muy interesante!

Me too.  I haven't purchased/read his book but I'd have great interest in seeing this.  And maybe I'd get the book before or after that happens just to round things out.

otto

otto wrote:

The edit is so amateur-ish... Looks fan made.

Hopefully it's not.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

They were discussing it briefly on sirius last night, so I'm sure the documentary is real.

Board footer