You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GNR played Acoustic gig for Tommy Hilfiger in CA

misterID wrote:

Finaly, a picture with Axl and Tommy Hilfiger where Tommy isn't threatening to karate chop him. 16

And yeah, he looks good in those pics.

johndivney wrote:
otto wrote:

This gig got me thinking:

Does anybody knows how a contract of a GNR member (or this type of membership) is?

I mean, do they earn money by each show? Or a monthly salary?

I remember Baz had a fallout with his guitar player - that young kid - because he refused to go on a TV show claiming he deserved more royalties for that.

Is a GNR member attached to the band by this salary and special occurrences (as pay per views, dvds, etc) are paid as extras?

REALLY would like to have at least some idea...

they're defo paid a monthly retainer. i'd say appearances etc are probably drafted into the contract - unless they only have contracts as a 'touring band' (which wouldn't surprise me in ron & frank's cases) then maybe there's less finer detail.

and, just incase it'd had escaped anyone or i hadn't actually registered an opinion on this before but: i FUCKING HATE these private shows. they completely suck a fat smelly dick. it's fucking shameful & EMBARRASSING. it's supposed to be a rock n roll band not some celine dion type cashgrab crap. it's just one of the many examples of how they've fucked it up & BETRAYED what once was beautiful. fuckers.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It's not optimal but it's not Vegas either. He seems to at least have some form of friendship with these dudes. I don't know if anyone with a million dollars can just call Axl up these days and get a show. Hope not. That would definitely be undignified. At the moment I'm still holding out that these constant shows are an effort to fund something musically.

The band is on monthly retainer with touring payouts on top. Some of them may only be touring members. Specifics are hard to come by but from an article some years back, a full member should cash between 8 and 15k a month when not on tour.

It's interesting to see the threshold of Axl holding a grudge continue being tested. Get into a fight with him in public, pass, telling some journalist he never got laid in high school, pass, being involved in lawsuits and telling unfavorable stories about him in the press, pass.

What did you do 21 ? 19

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It's interesting to see the threshold of Axl holding a grudge continue being tested. Get into a fight with him in public, pass, telling some journalist he never got laid in high school, pass, being involved in lawsuits and telling unfavorable stories about him in the press, pass.

What did you do 21 ? 19

Haha too true

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What did you do 21 ? 19

Haha too true

Maybe Axl is willing to let bygones be bygones and come to peace with all those he's felt have wronged him in the past. 

Or, maybe not.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

At least Axl is FINALLY wearing a hat that looks decent on him. Dig it.

He looks good and youthful in those pics.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What did you do 21 ? 19

Based on what Marc Canter's said, the main issues appear to be

Slash releasing the Snakepit songs instead of forging them into a 1995 Guns album with Axl & co and
the accusations that Axl blackmailed the name out of everyone by throwing a tantrum just before showtime.

If so, I'd be willing to believe these incidents are just the tip of the iceberg, as their relationship had been deteriorating over time. The press ran with the concept that Axl broke the band and hustled the name, while Slash did stand up to Axl by forming Snakepit.

The reason Ax stays angry (while having patched up with, say, Izzy) is that his entourage keeps him there.

Lomax wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

What did you do 21 ? 19

Based on what Marc Canter's said, the main issues appear to be

Slash releasing the Snakepit songs instead of forging them into a 1995 Guns album with Axl & co and
the accusations that Axl blackmailed the name out of everyone by throwing a tantrum just before showtime.

If so, I'd be willing to believe these incidents are just the tip of the iceberg, as their relationship had been deteriorating over time. The press ran with the concept that Axl broke the band and hustled the name, while Slash did stand up to Axl by forming Snakepit.

The reason Ax stays angry (while having patched up with, say, Izzy) is that his entourage keeps him there.

There was GNR materila on snakepit 1. I would love to have heard axl on neither can I and beggars and hangers on. Beggars would be a classic rock tune right now  (of the sweet home alabama kind) if Axl sang on it

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

He would have been singing about his own posse though.

Board footer