You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Slash nottingham

Scabbie wrote:

Off to see Slash in Nottingham. Can't wait!

My last trip to Nottingham was to see Axl and we got kicked out so no jäger bombs for me tonight! Looking forward to Anastasia.

And Ginger Wildheart is supporting!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Excellent let us know how it goes!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Have fun Scabbie, Slash and the Conspirators ALWAYS put on a great show!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I saw slash a couple years ago and have been dying to go back, so I'm fuckin jealous. Have fun man!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Having a good one mate looking forward to a review 22

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Awesome.

Slash was on top form. His tone is like amber nectar and technique spot on. He is such a cool mofo aswell!

They played civil war, rocket queen, scom, you're crazy, jungle, pc from GNR, slither and then ghost, Anastasia, AL, back from Cali and a bunch of others from his solo albums. The GNR stuff sounded more authentic than GNR!

My highlights were the solo in Rocket Queen, Anastasia and the Godfather.

Axl's such a dumbass to not get back with this guy. But I'm not too concerned, Slash and his band are a great and at least they produce new material!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Glad you enjoyed it, sounds like a good setlist, not that we wouldn't expect it to be.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Awesome.

Slash was on top form. His tone is like amber nectar and technique spot on. He is such a cool mofo aswell!

They played civil war, rocket queen, scom, you're crazy, jungle, pc from GNR, slither and then ghost, Anastasia, AL, back from Cali and a bunch of others from his solo albums. The GNR stuff sounded more authentic than GNR!

My highlights were the solo in Rocket Queen, Anastasia and the Godfather.

Axl's such a dumbass to not get back with this guy. But I'm not too concerned, Slash and his band are a great and at least they produce new material!

I wholeheartedly agree. Slash's show a month ago was one of my best 3 live experiences. It did top even the old GN'R show I saw in 1992. The guy is awesome. The energy and musicality coming from him and his band can hardly be topped. I wish I would have taken some days off and would have followed him more on this tour. 21

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I thought the Slash show and GnR show I saw last year were about equal.  Slash was awesome, but there's something about Axl singing those songs (even poorly at times) that is just special.  Nobody plays them like Slash and nobody sings them like Axl.  I have to say the Chicago 92 show was better then both, but the setlist for that show was just awesome.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I thought the Slash show and GnR show I saw last year were about equal.  Slash was awesome, but there's something about Axl singing those songs (even poorly at times) that is just special.  Nobody plays them like Slash and nobody sings them like Axl.  I have to say the Chicago 92 show was better then both, but the setlist for that show was just awesome.

Yeah, and the youtube clips just don't do Axl justice. I'm not saying that he sounds amazing live, but it just ain't the same.

Board footer