You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: SLASH-Branded Guitars Coming From GIBSON - Jan. 10, 2008

Neemo wrote:

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Gibson will release eight new Slash-branded guitars. The campaign is so important to Henry Juszkiewicz, chairman and CEO of Gibson Guitars, that he is taking the company's exciting Slash guitars off the market to create even more hype around the new ones.

Why eight? "Price points," Juszkiewicz says. "They're going to go from cheap to high-end custom, personally signed by Slash."

The Slash series will appear in stores March 15, and the guitarist and Juszkiewicz already are plotting a big stunt around the street date.

www.blabbermouth.com

man i cant wait to see these 11

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Gibson will release eight new Slash-branded guitars. The campaign is so important to Henry Juszkiewicz, chairman and CEO of Gibson Guitars, that he is taking the company's exciting Slash guitars off the market to create even more hype around the new ones.

Why eight? "Price points," Juszkiewicz says. "They're going to go from cheap to high-end custom, personally signed by Slash."

The Slash series will appear in stores March 15, and the guitarist and Juszkiewicz already are plotting a big stunt around the street date.

www.blabbermouth.com

man i cant wait to see these 11

I really hope these are as cool as they have the potential to be. The one Les so far with his name on it sucked and I've been pissed about it for some time now.

Yeah, I heard that his signature guitars had a couple of problems... sad  I hope these will be much better since I'm thinking of buying a new guitar.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

CHEAP? haha epi signatures usually start @ about $1400 these days

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Slash's new Epi signature is going to be like 699, not list price of course.  It was up at musiciansfriend but was taken down for who knows what. 

Anyways as far as I know the Slash guitars have been pretty solid guitars.  I looked up the specs for the gibson and epi's and I believe the only difference is the aged hardware, aged paintjob, and obviously the pickups.  The Gibson has those Seymour Duncans while the epi doesn't.

Edit:  Now that I researched, they both have the Seymour Duncans.  The new epi sig looks like a pretty solid guitar actually.  I want one.

Comes with a "slash profile" neck, sd alinco II pros, and an upgraded bridge.  It also comes with a long neck tennon.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

damn 699 thats only $200 more than i paid for my Epi LP...maybe i shoulda waited

I love my epi though 11

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Hey Neemo,If you want to send a belated Xmas gift this way.... big_smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

alexh0618