You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Axl Rose: the extended interview (Adelaide Now)

slcpunk wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

who the fuck could decipher half of that....meh

I thought it was just me. I always feel like I need reading glasses when I read his stuff. My eyes just glaze over the deeper into it I get.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Yawn. A short sentence about what they're up to / not up to and a whole fucking essay about being late etc.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

That was the shittiest email interview I have ever read.

Seriously, just release the fucking music and let it do the talking.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I hope definite maybe becomes to the "soon" It's time to move on 16

Lotta just words to say that you like to play late. Interesting read though. Slash touring comments were interesting. Wish he would talk more of that era. Took a few liberties with calling all those tours "sell outs" like faldor mentioned. Come back to Earth Axl, we miss you dude. I blame the questions a little too though, they need someone to ask questions that cut through the bullshit.

Wonder how long this guy waited for each question to be answered, I know he prolly just emailed Axl a list of questions. But I just picture a poor dude refreshing his inbox for weeks for him to receive an answer a question. 16

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

who the fuck could decipher half of that....meh

I know!  I'm at work right now, just got in and having a coffee, I got to the "multiple answers" bit and thought, wow, I better come back to this, not enough time, or brain power to try and get through it right now!

I did like this though:

CA: Will these Australian shows be an extension of the Appetite For Democracy tour? Or something different?
AR: We'll let ya know!

Just made me chuckle......

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Anyone from the UK who knows the politician John Prescott? - this unholy mess of words here could have come right out of his mouth:

"And in our defense addressing the nonsense, the relatively small majority of which percentage wise being in general what we feel are at least somewhat reasonable or justifiable such as technical difficulties, crowd control issues, health or injuries, managerial/agent nonsense or simply beyond our control and often as the case may be more hype than reality which again (and definitely not taken for granted) with all things considered, eventually has seemed to work out fairly well."

I mean, what is he trying to say there, apart from "its not my fault"?

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Axl needs a barring order slapped on him wrt  to accessing that part of his brain that just obsesses over Slash.

Trying to make Slash out to be some arch villian for actually being a musician who wanted to do his job and go out and tour a Number 1 double album??? That's fucking saaad.
And by the way, Axl old chum, we have hours of footage of you on the UYI stage looking like you were having a pretty good fucking time.
Why won't ANYBODY in Axl's life call him out on this kind of stuff?

Its infantile, purile and makes him look like a whiney little bitch.

And yes, his answers are the same old weave...why are you late on stage?....fifteen lines later we still haven't got a straight answer. Why doesn't he just say "cause I don't want to go on early" and be done with it. We all know that its really that simple. He doesn't want to.

And I'm fucking tired of the same answer to the album question. It seems the more Axl gets asked about something happening, the more he backs away from doing it.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

So Slash was trying to take adventage of him and break him down mentally ? he`s giving top hat too much credit dude`s a nutjob

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

To be fair, though, this:

"I apologize to anyone I've inconvenienced or put out in any way."

Is all I wanted to hear. Not a justification, or an evasion, just a straight-up apology taking responsibility for the late shows. 'Cause what annoyed me, having been through the experience of a late show, and seeing casual fans leave disgruntled, was seeing the constant stream of jokes about how he's never been punctual, ahahaha.

So, y'know, fair enough. He apologised, and I'm happy with that.

johndivney wrote:

completely disingenuous attempt at an apology that
as is the notion they made a 'concerted effort' to make it up to the fans in cities where he fucked the concert up or things have gotten 'complicated'. by making it up to the fans his idea is charging them another $70/$80 for a ticket. deluded horseshit is what he's spewing.

Board footer