You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose: the extended interview (Adelaide Now)

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy shit, they are over $200 on eBay!  I paid $30 new.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Wicked....how does it sound compared to the normal CD?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I need to put it on my iTunes. It sounds fucking awesome.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Hahha...I was just looking at them on Ebay! $30?? I wish!

If you put it on itunes make sure you rip it losslessly!!!!

I may just have to track one of these down, could lessen my desire for a rull remaster.

I just hope if they ever do a re-issue that the peformances will remain intact and they just crank the mastering... don't really wanna see over dubs with the new band or live-era vocals....although that said I guess jungle has always needed the "Do you know where the fuck you are" at the start wink wink

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

I've never heard of the MFSL issues till now, just done some reading on them, and the background.  But I don't understand how this works with the labels? I mean, how can they release stuff that is owned by another label, in this case Geffen? Do they pay a royalty to do so?  It's an interesting concept.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
jonesy wrote:

I've never heard of the MFSL issues till now, just done some reading on them, and the background.  But I don't understand how this works with the labels? I mean, how can they release stuff that is owned by another label, in this case Geffen? Do they pay a royalty to do so?  It's an interesting concept.

It's very interesting huh.

According to wiki: "Each title is licensed from the original record company for a limited period of time and production runs are usually restricted to a few thousand units each."

So I assume they buy the right to make 2,000 of them or whatever and that's it.

Surprising another label agrees but I guess money is money!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Also: "As with the company's record pressings, no dynamic range compression was used in the production of the CDs. For the most part, little or no equalization is applied. Thus, releases are close copies of the original master tape."

That basically sounds to me like it's unmastered by today's standards almost...like listening to the desk mix almost.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just wanted to give a shout out to Axl for being someone of stature to finally back me up on the whole Facebook thing.

Other than that, Axl laid out a whole lot of jibber jabber to say pretty much nothing. It's what he does. I do however think once again, he leaves the door WIDE OPEN for a reunion, rather than closing it. He pretty much admits in this interview the reunion is possible, as long as every single on of his demands is met on everything, and that Team Brazil is left in place to make it happen.

I personally think that's a good sign. Duff & Izzy have already been around them, and to a lesser extent Steven & Matt & Gilby (just in case), and Slash has communicated with Beta before.

Something tells me Slash pulls the trigger on trying to bridge that gap once his solo run peters, and he's looking for retirement money. I think he'll cave eventually, and he's dropped hints about wishing it'd happen. Axl on the other hand seems to have no problem touring with the guys he has, but at the same time still kinda admitting "yeah i'm not stupid, I know Guns N' Roses will always be that, and I wish it was that, but only if it were different behind the scenes", without actually saying it like that.

Anyways, just my thoughts on it. Axl seems to ease up on the reunion comments more and more each interview and Izzy/Duff appererence.

Board footer