You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Corey Taylor talks Axl & Guns N' Roses

Saikin wrote:
-D- wrote:

Lol this lame hack insulting axl? Haha Axl shits all over this generic fuck on his worst day

FINALLY someone says it.  Can't believe it took this long.

I know a lot of people like Slipknot, Stone Sour, Corey Taylor... but I can't fucking stand him or the bands.  His voice and lyrics are what pisses me off the most.  He sounds so generic.  And the lyrics are awful.  Saw him open for a festival I went to with Stone Sour, they sucked.  Most songs sounded the same.  And there was some "say you'll haunt me too" song that was just pure shit. 

TL;DR- Corey Taylor is a fuckwad who can't hold Axl's jock

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Corey is a tool.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Here's the thing.

The specific examples Corey used here are bullshit.

But sadly, the principles behind his examples are very accurate to what a non hardcore GNR fan experienced circa 2002.

That era was a mockery of everything the old band had been to the extent that the "WTF" effect for someone not fully familiar with it can not be exaggerated.

Consider what old GNR was....the epitome of a hard rock guitar band that was REAL - from the streets, actually living the lifestyle the songs were about...then you have a nearly a decade of break...then you come back to experience:

1. The band billed as GNR with 1 member of old GNR.

2. A show that starts more than 2 hours late. While not new the audience has NEVER accepted this as reasonable.

3. The addition of overbearing synth parts to the sleaze rock bar sound.

4. The first replacement for Slash dresses (literally a dress too!) like he's in a circus show, or from a style of music entirely devoid from the blues-rock street life, looks like he should be at home in a pretend makeup band like marlyn manson, and when he plays he doesn't play the songs remotely accurately to the recorded versions, and his general guitar skill seems only barely adequate for a pro-band and certainly not on the level expected from a guitar-based band like GNR.

5. The second replacement for Slash is difficult to assess, in the few instances he actually gets to play a solo he seems to have virtuoso level chops - the kind of thing you'd expect in a guitar band - but sadly most of his time on stage is spent mirroring the rhythm part - just waiting for his 10 seconds per song to shine. Of course, it's very hard to notice that he does shine, as he insists on pretending to be a robot, wearing a raincoat, face mask from an 80s horror flick, and an upside down fast food container on his head, that has the effect of reducing whatever credibility he might have to that of a toddler playing dressups at being in a band. You think it's going to be ok when he can get his solo section...the moment where this virtuoso will deliver a set-peice to answer Slash's infamous and adored Godfather rendition, to demonstrate to us all that this is still Guns and Roses. And that's when he break dances and demonstrates his astounding abilities.....on.the.numb-chucks.

6. Fuck me you think. Well if there's one thing that won't change. It's the man who bleeds GNR. It's the man we compare from everything to jesus, to Charles Manson, to a paper duck.....it's W. Axl Rose - front man of the 1980s and 1990s....a guy so intense and powerful you're almost afraid to watch him peform. The guy who personifies the truth of rock and roll. Who comes out...looking like he want's to be a rapper....in the same oversized sports gear and bling that you watch people bouncing their cars down MTV's video streets wearing.....

7. That's alright you think. The man still has the music. He's got that voice....but wait.....he sings the whole set entirely devoid of the rasp that made him famous, alternating between a bad impersonation of himself, a strange valsetto parody of mickey mouse doing rock, and at times sounding like he's just not sure which parts of his former range actually still produce sound at all.

And the truth is that's what the audience experienced in 2002....now I'm a hardcore fan...I looked past it...cos I love Axl's music...and I could see some good in guys like bucket and so on....but that's the basic effect of the 2002 show...it took everything that was respected and loved about the original GNR and reversed it.....and here we are a decade on...and there's a generation of people who were former fans who just can't forget the massive WTF that that situation was.

Corey is using some shitty examples here, but on some level he has a point, the audience just couldn't accept what it was being sold.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

I don't care for Corey Taylor or any of his musical projects. While I agree that it was cheap shot and most of what he is saying is embellished greatly, I don't think it's too far from the opinion the general public has of a post 98 GN'R.

It's very unfortunate that the various incarnations of the new band have never got the respect they deserve nor a chance to breakout because of Axl's eccentric behavior and the mismanagement of GN'R as a business.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Another one of Slash's friends stickin' it to Axl.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Some pretty funny parts in there.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
-D- wrote:

Lol this lame hack insulting axl? Haha Axl shits all over this generic fuck on his worst day

For once agree

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Cringeworthy attempt at doing stand up besides if he thought the show sucked so badly why did n`t he rush straight to Axl and tell him it sucked ? because he would shit his pants that`s why and Axl would have punched this cocksucker out of his skull. Calling Bucket lame automatically voids this idiot`s opinion about New GNR

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Ok, so the breakdancing bit was rubbish. Then when he said he got his cock out on Axl's piano, I just thought he was a knobber who is full of shit, I bet he never did that. And if he did do that, he's even more of a knobber!

Always thought he was a bit of a cock, this just confirms it.

He could have gone on about the 02 line up, and how freaked out / disappointed the fans were without adding these bullshit bits into it.

Board footer