You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: Slash playing with Kings of Chaos + VR news

Son of a Gun wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

It'd be the first time in the history of rock that someone's undercredited! 16

Anyway, since VR have a full album without vocals and Baz is one of my all time favourites, I'd love them completing those songs. Slash could still use his new ideas for his Myles project.

Yes, Baz can scream his lungs off give you that.

Although you meant it to be ironic, you hit the nail on the head. Those amazing vocal melodies are Baz's creations. No way Snake or Rachel would have been able to write them. They wrote the music and most of the lyrics, but Sebastian did the vocal melodies. Most bands (including GN'R) credit that. Skid Row didn't.

I did n`t intend to be ironic he can sing it`s just I don`t like what he does be it Skid Row or solo.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

That doesn't seem to make any sense since Skid Row's albums have went down hill since Sebastian left, and Sebastian's solo stuff has been pretty damn good.
So clearly, Sebastian's input is more valuable than you think.

How comes that he has only 10 co wriitng credits on 3 albums ? that `s not "valuable contribution " .

You're missing my point. Axl isn't credited for every single song written in GN'R's catalogue either, but that doesn't mean his vocals didn't make the songs he didn't write awesome.

Same thing with Sebastian and Skid Row.

Axl is n`t credited for every single song true, but he`s credited for majority of them that`s the difference.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Velvet Revolver was a typical supergroup they had 5 minutes of attention because of Slash, Duff and Scott they went nowhere Audioslave was much better.

They had a similar ride to me.

Audioslave's first album was very strong, but album two and three remind me of Libertad in the sense that there's 1 or 2 very strong songs that are arguably their best but there surrounded with a lot of filler type tracks - where there's nothing really wrong with the track - it's just hard to get excited about it either.

Fair enough Audioslave ran for 3 albums and VR for 2...but I'd guess VR would have toured more.

Audioslave would have been even better if they'd moved away from rage against the machine style guitar solos.

Yes, but as lackluster as Out of Exile and Revelations were, they were still much stronger efforts than Libertad. Agree about RATM style guitar work.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

How comes that he has only 10 co wriitng credits on 3 albums ? that `s not "valuable contribution " .

You're missing my point. Axl isn't credited for every single song written in GN'R's catalogue either, but that doesn't mean his vocals didn't make the songs he didn't write awesome.

Axl is n`t credited for every single song true, but he`s credited for majority of them that`s the difference.

Still stands the fact that popular opinion is that Skid Row + Sebastian Bach = great
Skid Row - Sebastian Bach = not so great

So I'd definitely say his vocal influence on the band is equal to Axl's in GN'R.

There are quite a few songs I'd dismiss on CD if it were not for Axl singing, and that's gotta tell you something too.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Still stands the fact that popular opinion is that Skid Row + Sebastian Bach = great
Skid Row - Sebastian Bach = not so great

So I'd definitely say his vocal influence on the band is equal to Axl's in GN'R.

There are quite a few songs I'd dismiss on CD if it were not for Axl singing, and that's gotta tell you something too.

Anyway could n`t care less about SR they blow for me with or without Bach.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

How awesome does that look...can only pray slash comes with them when they tour down under next year!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Interesting that Dave Kushner will be appearing with KOC at those South African shows, and no mention of Steve Stevens. So it's pretty much VR up there with different vocalists...

And yeah, I can't wait to see them again, hopefully with Slash!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Steve Stevens is one cool ass dude and kick ass player.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

It is amazing to me how Slash being added has now made this that much more legit!!!  Gilby and the Kush. Wow. I love Gilby, I didn't see how anyone could say anything bad about that guy. A total team/roll player that is cool as shit.

Board footer