You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS return with CHESTER BENNINGTON as their FRONTMAN!

metallex78 wrote:

Really Nikki??? He can't really talk when it comes to lousy front men. Vince Neil sucks live, and brings the rest of Motley Crue down as well!

Yeah!! Pretty much.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've never been an STP fan, mainly because of Scott, but i've gotta be honest as someone who was in high school when the Linkin Park rocket took off, i'm very curious to hear a Chester-fronted STP and what they've got.

I always wondered what he would've been like on a rebooted VR.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

This EP is vintage STP. It immediately brings me back to the good old days of when Scott had a pair, and didn't prance around like the K-Mart David Bowie he's become. I thank them for throwing the *With Chester on there, (unlike Alice In Chains) and will just say they deserve this thing being successful after Talk Show and Army Of Anyone were criminally overlooked because of a lack of name recognition.

ChesTP.. 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah but "Chester" and "DuVall" are two different things. 'With Chester Bennington' is done both out of respect for Weiland, but also the fact that Bennington had/has massive success with another band. Kind of like Queen + Paul Rodgers.

William DuVall is/was a nobody. Nothing more than one of Jerry's touring musicians, and frankly he still kinda is. Alice in Chains even in it's present version is basically just Jerry, Sean & Mike Inez. DuVall is the Pat Smear of AIC.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

DuVall is the Pat Smear of AIC.

Basically... Yup.

Board footer