You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS return with CHESTER BENNINGTON as their FRONTMAN!

monkeychow wrote:

In an ideal world all the new bands would just use new names and this wouldn't come up.

But that said, I like all the new music as a rule. I like new GNR musically, and didn't mind the new STP track. Whatever you call it if the music's ok I like it.

For me it's hard to find the line though...I mean I considered UYI GNR to be real GNR....maybe I just need singer/guitarist or something....not sure.

Lomax wrote:
Intercourse wrote:
-D- wrote:

Slash being a hypocrite here

considering gnr

How is liking a song "hypocritical"?

Yeah he also said he liked CD. Not that hypocritical at all. Can't help what you like. To say you don't like something just because you've got a moral opinion that you feel is important is a little bit.... american.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

No its supporting stp and I think baz is too burnt out andretarded to realize he is bashing axl when he gies off on skid row

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I see what you mean -D- but I think the real issue is slash is cut about VR.

Obviously there was bad blood the way that ended, and when they fired Weiland he pretty much said "I never liked VR anyway, I'm going back to my real love STP".

Then here we are couple of years on and he's fired from STP for much the same reason as VR.

So while I can see it's a little hypocritical I think it's mostly slash just giving him a dose of "good..fuck you"

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

At the end of the day, I wager Slash loves Axl because of the good times they've had. If Axl would come up and say, 'Let's bury the hatchet and play some music; life's short', Slash would be there for him, with him. Slash still has huge amounts of respect for Axl, but he appears to have not much with Scott.

Slash knows he needs not to bother with Scott ever again. Scott took the VR issues (on his part) to STP; for better or for worse, STP responded like VR. Only STP took it a step further by hiring another vocalist. Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Alice in Chains, Genesis... It's not unheard of.

Whatever went down between Scott and VR/STP behind the scenes, there may have been the reasoning on Scott's part that given his stature, he'd be irreplaceable. In VR's case, this may turn out to be true. Slash has his own thing going and while his comment is a jab at Scott, it may also be him expressing support to STP to dare and press on without their definitive frontman.

Which is not something I'd call hypocritical, to be honest.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Tried watchin a couple red hot chili peppers concerts on YouTube but they are wayyyyyy less without john frusciante.  Josh sucks

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

apex-twin wrote:

At the end of the day, I wager Slash loves Axl because of the good times they've had. If Axl would come up and say, 'Let's bury the hatchet and play some music; life's short', Slash would be there for him, with him. Slash still has huge amounts of respect for Axl, but he appears to have not much with Scott.

Slash knows he needs not to bother with Scott ever again. Scott took the VR issues (on his part) to STP; for better or for worse, STP responded like VR. Only STP took it a step further by hiring another vocalist. Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Alice in Chains, Genesis... It's not unheard of.

Whatever went down between Scott and VR/STP behind the scenes, there may have been the reasoning on Scott's part that given his stature, he'd be irreplaceable. In VR's case, this may turn out to be true. Slash has his own thing going and while his comment is a jab at Scott, it may also be him expressing support to STP to dare and press on without their definitive frontman.

Which is not something I'd call hypocritical, to be honest.

Yeah it makes sense and I respect Slash's decision through all the aftermath of VR and everything that has happened. Scott is just being full of shit and needs to get over himself. He screwed up.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I agree that this is not STP but my feeling is that the guys want to use the name to keep the press interest and concert attendance numbers up...sounds familiar!!!

Never liked LP, angry teenager music played by adults. I'm a big STP fan also.  BUT all of these guys including Axl and Slash need to make the money from the road and the only way is to capitalize on the brand names they helped to build.

My guess is that Scott watched his old band mates fail twice without the name STP and he decided that he could exploit their weakness and act the bollocks. He knew he was the golden goose and appears to have been acting as such. I think these guys have probably been cooking this up for a while.

If these guys could sell records then I bet the abuse of name and legacy would not figure so highly.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Just read the court docs around The sort case against Scott, the guys are not blocking Scott using the STP name just to be assholes, they all agreed to this legally should any of them get fired.
ant say I blame the guys, Scott sounds like a nightmare.
What happened to that man?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Cool info, Intercourse. Always interesting when the true story starts getting sorted out.

Board footer