You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: New DJ Ashba Interview (In the Now Magazine)

I liked most of the material on This is Gonna Hurt and some songs on the first. ..and yes I know with the whole band together can great some awesome rockers and solid material. We all know they gel fantastic. Axl is the only factor that is delaying the potential for this album and other session demos from being finished.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
jonesy wrote:

See, here's the thing, I saw this posted on Blabbermouth a day or so ago, and just couldnt be arsed to listen to it. 

My own apathetic reaction to it pissed me off.  I just dont give a shit what he has to say, about anything.

Quoted for truth.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I think the band is really suffering from a PR low in the fan base...and it's not from lack of interviews these days.

I think it's because people just don't buy things will really change.

Like he had the 15 year wait for CD or or whatever it was.

At the moment it's been 5 since CD2 - which if the band did deliver something soon wouldn't be all that bad...but I think we're all just so traumatised that people just don't believe. I think that's what it comes down to - you don't care what dj says cos you don't think it makes a difference to what happens?

I dunno.

I have renewed faith in him since seeing more of him on the aussie tour. Obviously it's probably up to Axl and management and the label whatever happens, but I believe DJ is capable of writing good stuff with Axl and I've come to realise he's a fan of the old band as well and doing his best to move things forward while respecting the past I think.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I understand why some people don't like DJ's image as it's a sort of a blend of a few things and over the top.

But I gotta say - he made my night when we were up the front at the aussie tour - really seems to put his all into the show, and I'm really curious to see what he'd do with Axl musically.

I have nothing against the guy at all, and I've nothing particularly bad to say about him either. I guess its just without at least hearing him adding something to new music from GnR, I dont have much interest in what he has to say.

Monkey, your later post on GnR PR issue, yeah, thats what I am feeling right now. Heard it all, seen it all before, right now. Unless they throw some other old or new tunes into their upcoming live shows, or release something then there's nothing new to me.

Looking forward to Duff's documentary more than anything right now.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Cool interview

thnx bls

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

this is supposed to be a pic of his new signature gibson les paul guitar coming out that he talked about...its called the death ride

2zgc8qh.jpg

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Neemo wrote:

this is supposed to be a pic of his new signature gibson les paul guitar coming out that he talked about...its called the death ride

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zgc8qh.jpg

Pretty cool. 3

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If Axl is going into the studio that's pretty big news.

I prefer Robin light years over DJ, but I think DJ might just be a better fit with Axl on a personal level and with the band overall, and that could do a lot to move things forward. DJ is a nice guy and it's worth him doing these little interviews.

Board footer