You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: River City Rock Fest - San Antonio, Texas May 26, 2013

misterID wrote:

I thought Rocklahoma was like a classic rock band type festival. Isn't that where Poison and Motley Crue headline?

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Thanks for the review christina 5

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

I thought Rocklahoma was like a classic rock band type festival. Isn't that where Poison and Motley Crue headline?

It has changed over the years. It used to be all 80's bands but attendance started to suffer. So they expanded it to include bands from different eras.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
christina_rose wrote:

Alright you guys. I have my review. I want to preface and say that its probably going to be biased, but I'm going to try really hard to give you an honest opinion.

Before that, I want to say something. I know we here on the boards and as fans have heard the same setlist and songs for what seems like forever. Hell, last night I realized I've seen GN'R since 2002. Many of you here probably go as far back as the 80s or 90s. So by now the songs are probably tired, and old. But honestly? There's four albums worth of material. FOUR. That's not a very large catalog of music to pick from. Yeah, I remember seeing them before CD was even a rumor, when they busted out with Better and Street of Dreams. Sure sometime I wish he'd sing something no one has heard before. But, I've been to shows where people have sang along with the CD songs, and I've been to shows where the crowd is quiet save for those few die hards that know those songs. There's still people out there who haven't heard the CD songs, there were people there last night who have NEVER seen GN'R in concert. So for us as diehard fans, its the same old same old.

That being said, what I saw last night was Axl Rose having fun. He was smiling, he was genuine when he thanked the fans in between songs. You could see that he truly appreciated the crowd. At least that's how I saw it. He even slipped at one point, and just kept right on going. He nailed Jungle. He needs to stay away from Estranged. He was pretty reserved most of the night as far as not running back and forth across the stage. His voice does come and go. Some songs he's got it, and others...its tough. But at the end of the day, I am just truly grateful that he shows up, and that he still puts forth the effort.

So, take it for what its worth.

Glad you had fun girl. I know it's been awhile for you seeing Guns. Good to see you here again.

Board footer