You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Curious Sorry/Shackler mention

Sky Dog wrote:

JR, not being sarcastic...just thought maybe those songs were done later in 2002-2003...but yes, shacklers and scraped ...even Chinese and Riad fall in to that OMG territory so I guess it does make sense.

AtariLegend wrote:

Should have had the balls to release the album back then and say "fuck you" to the 3 good songs thing.

Regardless of it looked, lets be honest. He probably would have said 3 or so good songs on "Use Your Illusion" too. Now I'm not saying the material we never heard and the album, is/was comparable to I/II, but he probably would have said it.

Some of us used to think years ago, that Axl was a perfectionist. I just think he lost his artistic integrity a decade ago.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Should have had the balls to release the album back then and say "fuck you" to the 3 good songs thing.

Regardless of it looked, lets be honest. He probably would have said 3 or so good songs on "Use Your Illusion" too. Now I'm not saying the material we never heard and the album, is/was comparable to I/II, but he probably would have said it.

Some of us used to think years ago, that Axl was a perfectionist. I just think he lost his artistic integrity a decade ago.

I think he lost his confidence more than anything. That was then, I don't know for sure WHAT I think is going on with him these days.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Essentially this, Axl pussed out in 2001 and 2002. I was counting time till new album, I was pumped to get heavy, dark and aggressive Industrial Metal sounding album too bad it all fell apart.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

it was my understanding that the label wouldn't release what he had in 2001/2002.

they didn't wnt a gnr/industrial album and axl didnt have 14 rock songs recorded is my guess.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

In one of Brain's interviews about the making of CD he mentioned there was a point where Axl asked the guys to bring in any songs they had of their own, I think he mentioned Scraped was one. Sounds to me like Sorry and Shacklers were also songs Bucket and Brain brought in that they had produced in 2000 but Axl wasnt a part of them till later.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Indeed, found it.

Brain wrote:

“Shackler’s” was a song that Bucket and I wrote a Iong time ago, just jamming. Axl asked if anybody had any songs or grooves, so we brought that in. It was a riff that we'd been jamming on since the Praxis days with Bill and Bootsy and Bernie. Axl loved it and put some lyrics to it, and it became “Shackler's.” That one might have more of a swing because it came more from me.

-Modern Drummer

Sky Dog wrote:

That is why there is a distinct difference in the 98-99 songs (Finck-Tommy-Tobias-Freese : CD, The Blues, TWAT, Catcher, Prostitute and IRS) vs the 2000-2002 Bucket/Brain songs...two different bands really and thus we got two different records mixed in to Chinese Stew.

Lomax wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

That is why there is a distinct difference in the 98-99 songs (Finck-Tommy-Tobias-Freese : CD, The Blues, TWAT, Catcher, Prostitute and IRS) vs the 2000-2002 Bucket/Brain songs...two different bands really and thus we got two different records mixed in to Chinese Stew.

I actually prefer the 98-99 era songs

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Final version of TWAT absolutely smokes demo Bucket elevated that song to higher level. Demo was good but it needed serious work it sounded rushed, disjointed and unfocused. I on the contrary, much prefer album versions to demos except IRS and The Blues.

Board footer