You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

Bro-mero wrote:

The forum has been slow lately, so I though I'd pose the question...

Knowing everything we know right now between the two, what are your thoughts and opinions of Axl and Slash ever reconciling their differences? Is there still a chance? If so, how much of a chance?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 76 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

Who knows, sometimes Axl seems to be mellowing toward Slash, then he's arch nemesis again. Even if they never shared a stage again it'd be nice to know they'd shook hands and shared a beer or something like Axl and Duff did. Chances of that happening? Sadly I think slim, I think too many people close to Axl stand to lose out if Axl & Slash reconciled musically therefore I can see the opportunity for them to even meet is closed down becore it could happen

Gibbo
 Rep: 188 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

Gibbo wrote:

Not good 25% If they did have a hand shake i think the chances of them hitting the stage is high 75% But i'd be just happy as with a hand shake

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

Son of a Gun wrote:

Very slim chance of them ever reconciling. Axl does n`t forget and does n`t forgive. He will die before he shakes hands with Slash it may sound harsh but it`s true.

monkeychow
 Rep: 610 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

monkeychow wrote:

Axl has blown his chance of a reunion.

His best shot at getting a reunion on anything resembling the terms he'd want came the night slash showed up at his house. Slash was vulnerable then. VR was fighting and fucking up. He had not yet proven himself as a successful solo act - his previous snakepit attempts didn't really cut into popular culture. He was afraid he'd never be able to regain proper success without Axl and  Axl had recently demonstrated himself to be in killer form performance wise. But beta didn't let him see Axl and now that ship has sailed.

The sad reality is that at this point Slash has very little to gain from modern axl:

1. It's been clear for a while that Axl's voice is not in shape, and he's also not looking particularly good physically. You risk a damaging the legacy with questionable performances.

2. Axl brings delays in recording new music, and he's still coming out late and things. You bring uncertainty, frustration and the huge ability to undo the good will you've built in your career by adding him back to the mix.

3. Sure you can use the GNR name, and people will get excited. But on his own Slash is now a pop culture icon. He's proven he can live without GNR or VR and create the best stuff he has in years and enjoy a lot of popular success. If he wants to play with his old mates they can do it in Kings of Chaos - where they just played massive shows.

Bottom line is...what's the upside for slash these days? No chance of Axl singing on a new record this decade, and even if he did can he still do it? Live he's just going to make problems for the others, and without GNR they're playing massive festivals and earning a great living doing hastle free shows.

The reality is the ship has sailed on a GNR reunion. Axl's lost all his bargaining chips. His strengths are diminished while his liabilities are as strong as ever. Which I'm sure suits Axl fine - he's said he'd rather die that play with Slash - which is lucky - as these days he'd not pass the audition process.

monkeychow
 Rep: 610 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

monkeychow wrote:

Sorry if that seems harsh. I actually love and respect Axl for his music.

I'm just saying the talk always focuses on what Axl will do and what Axl will want.

But I think it's got to the point where you have to ask - what do the others get from 2013 Axl?

Only the legitimacy of the name, but he's proven he won't make new music, still comes out late, and does not currently have the vocal ability he had in the past. so why do it?

If Axl could get back in 2006 era form then sure we'd be cooking with gas.

But all they'd be doing now would be repeating the same songs Axl plays every show, that Slash has done every gig with Myles, that KOC did the other night..and with the added ability to now come out late and have RIR4 style performances.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

Son of a Gun wrote:

It`s not like Axl wanted reunion that much and if anyone thinks that if someday Axl decides to mend fences with Slash, offer him a gig and Slash will refuse, they`re in denial to say the least. Whether someone likes it or not ball is in Axl`s court when it comes to reunion not Slash`s, Izzy`s or Duff`s.

jonesy
 Rep: 14 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

jonesy wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Whether someone likes it or not ball is in Axl`s court when it comes to reunion not Slash`s, Izzy`s or Duff`s.

The ball may well be in Axl's court, but I don't think Slash, Duff, Izzy or whoever even want to play with that ball anymore. 

As Monkey said, the ship has sailed on this one altogether. Even if Axl wanted it, I suspect that other than a one night show, I'd be surprised if Slash or Duff signed up for it even if Axl asked them to.   


monkeychow wrote:

But all they'd be doing now would be repeating the same songs Axl plays every show, that Slash has done every gig with Myles, that KOC did the other night..and with the added ability to now come out late and have RIR4 style performances.

Exactly, Axl to them would be a tie-down, and a pain in the ass, that they are free of right now in their own solo / collaboration stuff.

Slash can go out and nail it with Myles, does anyone really think he'd consider swapping that for RIR4?

monkeychow
 Rep: 610 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

monkeychow wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

It`s not like Axl wanted reunion that much and if anyone thinks that if someday Axl decides to mend fences with Slash, offer him a gig and Slash will refuse, they`re in denial to say the least. Whether someone likes it or not ball is in Axl`s court when it comes to reunion not Slash`s, Izzy`s or Duff`s.

We're agreed that Axl doesn't want to do it.

He's been very clear about that.

But if he wants to mend the fence, my suggestion to you is that he will find he is given terms not making them.

Yes I believe their is a circumstance where Slash will perform with him again, and I believe it would be something like this:

1. One off or extremely limited performance (eg handful of shows)
2. Axl is contractually obliged to appear on time and if he doesn't he pays the damage
3. Axl has no more authority than any other band member regarding what happens.

I ask you - why would Slash accept anything less than that now?

On his own he's able to release music (not hoard it), play many more shows than Axl a year, and get as much if not more media attention and popular culture impact than Axl, and if he wants to relive the past there's stuff like Kings of Chaos on tap..

I know I sound all fanboy saying those things, but the truth is I'm a fanboy of both, I'm just saying the era where GNR would reunite and it means something is gone, all that could happen now IMO is a one-off novelty reunion and really doing that amounts to Slash accepting a whole lot of problems back into his life. So unless he was paid hundreds of millions or had complete control I don't see why he'd bother.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

Son of a Gun wrote:
jonesy wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Whether someone likes it or not ball is in Axl`s court when it comes to reunion not Slash`s, Izzy`s or Duff`s.

The ball may well be in Axl's court, but I don't think Slash, Duff, Izzy or whoever even want to play with that ball anymore. 

As Monkey said, the ship has sailed on this one altogether. Even if Axl wanted it, I suspect that other than a one night show, I'd be surprised if Slash or Duff signed up for it even if Axl asked them to.   


monkeychow wrote:

But all they'd be doing now would be repeating the same songs Axl plays every show, that Slash has done every gig with Myles, that KOC did the other night..and with the added ability to now come out late and have RIR4 style performances.

Exactly, Axl to them would be a tie-down, and a pain in the ass, that they are free of right now in their own solo / collaboration stuff.

Slash can go out and nail it with Myles, does anyone really think he'd consider swapping that for RIR4?

Well, Axl is n`t begging them to come back full time either.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB