You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i could see them doing a bit of co-shredding as part of a jam at the end of the song.

Remember in the live version of VR's "Set Me Free" Slash used to trade leads with Dave over the main riff - Dave would really let out all these fast runs too that he doesn't do as a rhythm player. I could see something similar happening. Maybe some slash/fortus jams over a cover or something...we know the old new band (lol) used to let fortus do like 5 kohd solos so that's a possibility.....

Also - i've seen Slash do rhythm parts when he's playing with other name guitarists or playing a song that doesn't suit his style.

I saw a while back on social media Fortus said Slash had asked him to join his band once....so I think there's a bit of mutual respect.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Old new band, haha, there's no other way to describe it.

I'm actually excited about Richard and Slash's potential intro jams. Like his Madagascar and Patience intros. Damn....

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:
otto wrote:

Yes, there's that... But I'm more interested in the dynamics....

There's never been such a situation where Slash is not in the spotlight on a gnr concert solo spot...

I would say Richard would get some CD solos, and Slash will do all his own leads. I can see them doing a dual lead on RQ.

I have a feeling that Richard's going to get a few solos here and there – maybe he'll do the slide guitar bit from RQ and then Slash takes over for the talkbox solo? Or some duelling guitars in the Nightrain/Paradise City outros? (obviously there's that rhythm/lead solo in Nightrain, too) Weirdly I have this suspicion that they might stick Madagascar in the setlist and give Richard the solo – it's less a solo than it is an instrumental interlude weaved in with the movie samples, so it's not treading on Slash's toes so much, and Fortus has played it before...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

misterID wrote:

I'm actually excited about Richard and Slash's potential intro jams. Like his Madagascar and Patience intros. Damn....

Oddly I'm almost more excited about hearing Fortus and Slash together than I am about Axl and Slash. Is that weird?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oddly I'm almost more excited about hearing Fortus and Slash together than I am about Axl and Slash. Is that weird?

I'd go and get that checked out. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't want to hear Fortus solo unless it is Izzy parts. I haven't waited 23 years to hear Fortus play Slash solos with Slash on stage

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't want to hear Fortus solo unless it is Izzy parts. I haven't waited 23 years to hear Fortus play Slash solos with Slash on stage

Hasn't Slash already been playing most of these songs with Myles?   

I don't see Fortus playing any Slash parts, btw.    Maybe some Chinese parts and Izzy solos (first part of Nightrain solo).

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think we're going to get something really cool from a Slash/Richard combo.

Board footer