You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: Your Opinions on a Axl/Slash Reconciliation

Bro-mero wrote:

As recently as November 2012, Axl stated the reconciliation between him and Slash wasn't in his hands, and that "the ball is in Slash's court". Does anyone think some sort of civility can/will occur between the two where Slash is the bigger man and apologizes to Axl for everything that has gone on since GN'Rs breakup.

Before the letter regarding his future absence at the RRHOF, Axl did state a "wait and see" attitude towards a reunion at the RRHOF. My point is, Axl recently hasn't seemed adverse to reconciliation rather than being unwilling to get the ball rolling, which is certainly more promising than when words like "cancer" were being thrown around.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Axl was probably saying the "wait and see" thing to see how interested/desperate Slash was to jam with him again. Slash didn't do himself any favors in questioning why Dizzy (and Matt) were being inducted. I don't think Slash wants it that bad anymore, if at all. He certainly didn't make any moves otherwise. I'm sure if there is a reunion, of whatever sort, there will be legal strings attached on Axl's end. And I doubt either of them want a reunion at this point.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Personally I think Steven Adler calling out Axl and making rude comments several days prior to the RRHOF was another factor too. Also him pushing for photos and early reunion talk that Axl mentioned during Steven's appearance back in 06. Ultimately when it comes down to it. I just don't care about a reunion anymore. None of them seem into it and if it did happen it would be about the money not about the fans and mending fences. Slash has been doing just fine if not better on his own making music and doing what he wants while collaborating with other people. While A.L. wasn't a groundbreaking rock album. It featured quite a number of great songs on it and I look forward to hear more progress from the guy in the near future. As for Axl, he needs to get his shit together and release new music with the band he has right now. Everybody wants to record and write and he's the only one whose not letting that happen. He is either still doubtful about the new potential music making any profit with the CD situation a couple years ago or some other negative mentality.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Oh yeah, definitely agree about Steven. I think some of us were doing a countdown clock before the RRHOF for when Steven would say something stupid and blow any chance of a reunion jam happening. He didn't disappoint. 16

I think Axl expected that with Steven, but I would wager he was probably more interested in what came from Slash. I don't see Steven as a deal breaker or being involved in any kind of reunion, whether a one off gig, a guest appearance with the new band (which I still say Slash will do at some point) or a full fledge reunion. I would think if a reunion would ever happen it would be a mix of new and old; Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Mother Goose, with Izzy guesting in the studio, writing and a few scattered live shows.

As far as groundbreaking albums, or chart positions, or dated material, or "taking over the rock world again", I don't really care about that shit anymore. It's completely meaningless now and has been since 2006. I love Axl's new style, Slash fans love Slash's current output and sound, that's all that matters.

Now Axl needs to do something that progresses his music. Release what you have, put out all new material later, or make a double album, or a reunion album, I don't care. Release something.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

axl was still pissed off at slash when he came to his house. then slash went and denied going there (lied). I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back for axl.  im not blaming slash. axl is like a woman i once knew. after she dumped me for a mistake i made, i kissed her ass for over a year straight and only made the smallest measure of progress. then we started dating again and as soon as i sneezed in her direction she went back to her version of team brazil, the ones that feed her narcicism and alcoholism. if axl is an alcoholic that plays a huge roll in his ideals and how he feels about anything and everything, including relationships. alcoholics are never wrong. if axl did not own the gnr brand hed be on board. if axl wasn't an alcoholic or knew how to forgive people adn move on from things hed be on board.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

As recently as November 2012, Axl stated the reconciliation between him and Slash wasn't in his hands, and that "the ball is in Slash's court". Does anyone think some sort of civility can/will occur between the two where Slash is the bigger man and apologizes to Axl for everything that has gone on since GN'Rs breakup.

I think it depends what he's been offered by Axl.

You know like if Axl phoned up directly, rather than communicating through Beta, and said he wanted to get the original band back together, that they'd be together as equals rather than employees, or at least on terms that recognised the importance of the old guys,  that he was interested in making new music before they die, and that he then wanted to tour together and would do his absolute best not to derail things with late starts and so on then I think Slash would be willing to have a discussion on it.

However, the rumour going around, is that at last communication between the camps (not even directly) Slash was told he'd not only need to apologise for everything he did wrong, but a list of other thing's he's alleged to have done that included things Slash believes never even happened.

You can bet that offer was also to return as Axl's employee with everything under Axl's control, no concessions towards the issues that means (no new music and late starts and rarely getting to talk to Axl only his firewall of handlers)....put all that with being asked to apologise for things that aren't what happened from your perspective and it's not an attractive offer.

The thing is, when asked in an interview what he'd do if Axl apologised to him, Slash did acknowledge some mutual fault by saying that he'd have to get his own house in order too if that happened, so I do think he'd be reasonable if the terms were semi-respectful or reasonable.

But if the "ball is in his court" in a "take-it-or-leave-it" style offer that involves Slash eating a bunch of crow so that he can leave his own business to become an employee in a business that will likely neuter what he wants out of playing (being busy touring and recording new music) and where he is treated without common respect (Axl will ALWAYS be in the shower when you need to see him - ask Duff) and as a paid hand....well then....I just can't see why he'd choose that over his current set up unless he's desperate for more money - and he seems to be making a good living.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:

a guest appearance with the new band (which I still say Slash will do at some point)

I'm curious, what makes you think this will happen?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Tell you what if it did, then it either better be for an entire gig or happen during paradise city.

I don't think the fans would be all that responsive after Slash goes off stage to the idea of the rest of the AFD/UYI classics being done by the new band while Slash is in the building out the back.

I say that with love and respect for DJ and Bumble. Just it's natural that people who grew up with the band often want the original line up - for most people that dumbs down to just Axl and Slash, and so you can't give it to them for 1 song then take it back away without an outburst of emotion. It just wouldn't go well.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
misterID wrote:

a guest appearance with the new band (which I still say Slash will do at some point)

I'm curious, what makes you think this will happen?

Slash was willing to do it at one point and I see it as more realistic than a full blown reunion. If they somehow buried the hatchet, this would be a likely scenerio. I just don't see this feud lasting forever. Axl has made too many comments about there being a way for him to get back into his good graces for there not to be any chance. It's a matter of Slash actually doing it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Should happen?  Yes.

Will happen?  I don't think so, probably never.

I view GnR as Led Zeppelin, minus the singer/guitarist reunions.  The band will never play together again. Never.

Just mho.

Board footer