You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Leaked GN'R Songs Thread

Can't wait for those links to be sent my way. I'm pumped and hearing good things from what you guys have said already. Will post my thoughts after a couple listens. smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

my computer didn't want to open the link sent to me.  Is it safe to open, or a spyware thing?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I snatched it off a YouTube thing.

I wish they had shit like this on Chinese Democracy. I dig Tommy Stinson. Only solo stuff I could endure from any GNR member (except BH and some Stradlin).

To me it sounds like a song from one of his solo albums - just held back because it sounds damn good. With Axl on there, sounds like something Izzy could have done with Axl during the Illusions album.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

They are safe to open. I had to keep typing in those damn check letter things a couple times; but got around to downloading them.

As for the actual listens here are my thoughts on each track.

Blood in the Water: Interesting parts here & there; but meh. Had alot of potential; but wasted opportunity. Even for a remix.

Better (DJ): Very cool take on the song. Loved the different arrangements and having a fresh spin. The original studio version is superior in my honest opinion. This could of been dropped as a free download to fans on the website or something. Just maybe turn up the production a tad.

Better (Ron): Like I said before, Ron is the fucking man. Loved his take and nailed all the chords. The acoustic guitars just flow nicely. Axl's produced vocals at times can overpower the great work within this version. Impressed. Like others have mentioned, this should of been released as a b side or even a Youtube video of the song on the GNR website. I mean give that site some proper use..dammit. lol

Now this guy tommy :

Goin' Down: Really enjoyed it overall. Needs a proper mix for vocals and some production here & there. Tommy's vocals at times I had trouble getting all the lyrics towards the beginning. Too low or the mix is off with the instrumentation at times. Could boost him up abit and when Axl's parts come in have it gel with the chorus. Other than that Ron's solos were very nice and made the track more fun. Everything else about it had a chill groove and I agree with you all on Tommy being the guy to write classic sounding GNR tracks with this band. Would like to hear more from him doing lead on a new recording in the near future.

Thanks for the links fellas. I really wanted to hear these. Glad today worked out for everybody and us the fans! Even though management should of just released them by now. Oh well.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Still missing a few songs then. I can share Going Down and Better Acoustic, if someone wants to share shit with me. PM.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Can someone please send me some links to these tracks? Very much appreciated in advance

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

PM pretty please with sugar on top merci danke.

imsorry wrote:

yesterday i uploaded a Goin Down a bit slower didnt looked to the source that was 48KhZ and not 44.1Khz here is the proper speed.
https://soundcloud.com/gnr_remixes/goin … msorry-mix

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yeah that sounds better

Sky Dog wrote:

yep...that was great....really digging the song now. Thanks Sorry....always crack up at your avatar as well ...speaking of going down!

Board footer