You are not logged in. Please register or login.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: Del James on Eddie Bravo radio...right now.

skippy wrote:

Lomax wrote:

Any good?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

'GNR are camped out in a secret location working flat out on 'guns n roses' a self titled album which  is to released mid next year and is a straight ahead kick ass rock album, a modern sounding AFD. From what I've heard so far It sounds fucking awesome. Axl will join them later in the year after he's finished laying down the vocals for last track for the follow up to Chinese democracy which will be a double album. Really dark and progressive with some grand orchestrations and some stunning performances. He is literally moving mountains in an effort to release this before the year end and give fans what he feels they are owed. Hold onto your hats folks - GNR mean business!'

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Maybe Axl can share one of his many crazy hats for the fans if isn't planning a super secret operation for a new album. 16 Perhaps Monster or Disani Water are in for marketing again.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

I listened to over an hour of Del last night.

He talked about how he had never paid taxes in his life, the IRS was ready to take everything from him in 1992. Del went to Slash and Duff, both just said "that sucks" and never did anything, he finally went to Axl and he saved Del from financial ruin without any hesitation. Pretty cool of Axl to do.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Scabbie's post got me all excited...I presume its a joke? I can't be arsed to listen to Del.
I found his essays to be piss poor and I remain unsure of his prowess or value in GNRs story overall.
Nothing personal I just see him as yet another barren rock orbiting the star of the show (along with the TB cluster of asteroids), staying locked in and feeding off his light.

Nice of Axl to do this all the same.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

He talked about how he had never paid taxes in his life, the IRS was ready to take everything from him in 1992. Del went to Slash and Duff, both just said "that sucks" and never did anything, he finally went to Axl and he saved Del from financial ruin without any hesitation. Pretty cool of Axl to do.

The story of this man, who's been Axl's puppet from Day 1 is very convincing. I mean it's very likely that as Axl's friend he first asked for Slash's and Duff's help, and only later asked for Axl's. These people are so far up in Axl's ass that they feel the need to prove again and again that they are there. Feels like home for them, I guess.

BTW Axl showed class.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:

The story of this man, who's been Axl's puppet from Day 1 is very convincing. I mean it's very likely that as Axl's friend he first asked for Slash's and Duff's help, and only later asked for Axl's. These people are so far up in Axl's ass that they feel the need to prove again and again that they are there. Feels like home for them, I guess.

BTW Axl showed class.

Pretty much what you said. Do we really need more stories of how great Axl is to his beggars & hanger-on, when he treats everyone else shit, mostly his fans.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think Del gets a bad rep from people.

I met him in Adelaide in 2010 and he was very nice to me when he really had no reason to be. He also tells some good stories and stuff and it was obvious he works pretty hard marshalling the tour and keeping it all ticking along.

Sorry to be the apologist, I'm just saying I liked him when I met him. Sure he's part of the organisation but he seems like a good guy..and realistically if we want new albums and stuff I don't think anyone but Axl can make that happen.

Board footer