You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Del James on Eddie Bravo radio...right now.

Gibbo wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Scabbie's post got me all excited...I presume its a joke? I can't be arsed to listen to Del.
I found his essays to be piss poor and I remain unsure of his prowess or value in GNRs story overall.
Nothing personal I just see him as yet another barren rock orbiting the star of the show (along with the TB cluster of asteroids), staying locked in and feeding off his light.

Nice of Axl to do this all the same.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Nice move by Axl to bail him out. That said it was not Slash and Duff's responsibility (or Axl's). Maybe they thought shit you already made some bucks from riding the GNR coat tails, time to stand on your own two feet and live with the consequences of your actions.

I certainly don't see it as a slight on Slash and Duff for not bailing him out. But at the same time a classy move by Ax.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Nice move by Axl to bail him out. That said it was not Slash and Duff's responsibility (or Axl's). Maybe they thought shit you already made some bucks from riding the GNR coat tails, time to stand on your own two feet and live with the consequences of your actions.

I certainly don't see it as a slight on Slash and Duff for not bailing him out. But at the same time a classy move by Ax.

Yeah, I can see that it was good of Axl to do that.

I thought his dissing Slash & Duff was unnecessary.
He himself fucked up by not paying taxes, and to rat on Slash and Duff for not throwing money at him just comes off tacky as shit.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I met Del in 2011.  He was very nice to me and went out of his way to come talk to me a couple of times.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What did you and del talk about?  That is his boy from way back n sounds like a real hanger on.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

We spent a lot of time talking about hockey.  I think he was very appreciative to not talk shop all the time and was pleased to have a conversation outside his work world.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I think Del gets a bad rep from people.

I met him in Adelaide in 2010 and he was very nice to me when he really had no reason to be. He also tells some good stories and stuff and it was obvious he works pretty hard marshalling the tour and keeping it all ticking along.

Sorry to be the apologist, I'm just saying I liked him when I met him. Sure he's part of the organisation but he seems like a good guy..and realistically if we want new albums and stuff I don't think anyone but Axl can make that happen.

2010? wow, I was going to say, "and then he sued Axl after he helped out..." but it looks like Axl forgave him over that lawsuit.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Did Del sue Axl? I'm not aware of that. smile

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Robert John did, maybe he's confusing Del with that incident?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

DUH!!!!

Yes, I was confusing him with Robert John. Sorry.

Board footer