You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: All sorts of Beta rumors etc over at mygnr - any thoughts?

BLS-Pride wrote:

Well to be fair they said it COULD be a big year. 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I did think the picture of an empty beach was funny.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

In 2014....Guns N' Roses will release a live dvd with a Tommy Stinson bonus track.

Maybe.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Beta... the song sucks

get over it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

It seems we're are all unanimously appalled by the content of the text as if it were sent to us as fans, personally. I think WHO the text was sent to is of equal importance towards analyzing this, as fans, because it reveals relevance, meaning, and motive.

"I'm glad everyone is happy with stolen material.  Well, I guess that's it.  We don't need to put anything out now. Everyone took the fun of everything.  MSL and co will pay for what they did"

if the text is being confirmed behind the scenes, she's gotta be talking to a player close to the boards and fans, not the record label. I'd take it under that assumption to mean nothing more than a threat meant to stop msl and the recipient of the text from leaking more.

My guess is msl has more but only shared these insignificant pieces with the leaker, possibly in confidence, to avoid trouble.
gnr can always claim to have more than the hoarders, whether they do or not, and use it against them in order to control things, especially when the person in possession is a fan, such as msl, but it shows their desperation when they do.

If it were sent to a label rep i'd call it an official and contractual cop out on new material and an acknowledgement as just that.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Maybe we should just all leave them alone. Shut down the forums until there's something to talk about. Make them come to us.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Yeah we listen to the first leaked new music in years and it's our fault. Okay. Could care less to hear the rest of the material at this point anyways. 20 years for one CD and a leaked new song. Cool GNR cool.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
war wrote:

It seems we're are all unanimously appalled by the content of the text as if it were sent to us as fans, personally. I think WHO the text was sent to is of equal importance towards analyzing this, as fans, because it reveals relevance, meaning, and motive.

Good Point.

What I find interesting though is the pattern of hostile, resentful and aggressive remarks by people associated with GNR towards      fans, the music public and others with an interest in the band's activities.

Obviously there are problem fans. There's people who cross the line. People who have threatened band members and their families because they want a reunion. Or the people that leaked all of Chinese Democracy except two songs. It makes sense for the band to be hostile to people who are hostile to them, and/or, do things that seriously impact the viability of the band.

However, it goes much deeper than that, obviously I guess people wanting more content from him is a pressure to Axl, which is understandable, but at the same time, management doesn't seem to understand that on an economic level - those people are the band's customers and end users - the people who buy anything with GNR written on it, who buy records and DVDs, and who go to the live show whenever it's in town, then, even on an artistic level, those same folks are the people who appreciate and value what the band has achieved.

It's got out of balance. I can appreciate there's a point where if people go to a show just to boo or to give shit to DJ or something then fair enough tell them to fuck off, but it seems for a very long time, if you so much as express interest in hearing Axl sing something new one day you're treated by management as part of the problem.

I can't understand it. Some fans are problems. Some people in the industry are two faced.

But why does the entire operation live with this victim mentality when essentially GNR has been embraced by the world, Axl is a multi-millionaire, his shows sell in countries he never would have even seen if he'd not made records, and for a decade the music press waiting with baited breath for his next creative output.

Sure some of that was won as a battle, but I get sick of the attitude of management.

Fans are not bad people for liking your band. And a lot of the criticism of the band could be avoided very easily. Why is there a litany of things like the cancelled cinema release? No one really expects all that much.

ppp

ppp wrote:

I think part of the problem is that GNR management takes message board and Facebook/twitter posts too seriously. Most people really aren't hateful or angry, they post whatever is on their mind because they're bored.

And do we know if this text is even legit?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
ppp wrote:

I think part of the problem is that GNR management takes message board and Facebook/twitter posts too seriously. Most people really aren't hateful or angry, they post whatever is on their mind because they're bored.

And do we know if this text is even legit?

Good post. But man, if I read MYGNR I'd hate my fanbase, too. They take stuff way too far.

And no, we don't know if it was a hoax or not. From what I gather, it was supposedly a text Beta made like 6-7 years ago.

Board footer