You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

PaSnow wrote:

Wasn't there a poster years ago who was banned like 3 times?  Kept coming back with new names, and I think one time he didn't even hide the fact it was him. I thought he had "Adler" in his name, BringBackAdler? Then he came back as BBA or something.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

All the Bono stuff was dumb. Like Monkey, I went on to become friends with him outside the forum, and he is a great guy and is just as passionate a fan as any GNR fan I've met. I guess people here just didn't like him calling out all the bullshit from GNR, though most of us here agree with him.

Bono was abrasive? Please...

Bono went full stalker and was enabled in his trolling and egged on.

You may believe that, but given that the guy ain't here to defend himself, I wouldn't hold that as truth, at all.

Oh, no. People are doing some real revisionism here, that either he was innocent or it was some mutual misunderstanding. No.

Bono was the most abrasive poster on this forum. If you shared an opinion he didn't agree with he would swoop in and attack. I could handle bono's abrasiveness and in his defense , he was embolden and egged on by people here. He would not have ever gone as far as he did had he not been allowed to. You guys did a real disservice to him by defending his behavior and egging him on.

It seriously started over the stupid new vs old division, and more specifically, mine and Russ's liking Robin. Bono attacked that for whatever reason, then it expanded to anything to do with the new line up, and you guys loved his attacks because of the stupid new vs old "teams" we were on.

I watched bono break every rule on this board, to the point of him wanting to find me in the real world (which I laughed at) and I waited for a mod to step up and do something.... And nothing. They just let him do whatever the fuck he wanted.  So I started dishing it back out at him, but remained within the rules. I never started anything, only responded to him.... Yet I was accused of baiting him. I'd even put him on ignore. You guys would egg him on, I'd see his posts in your quotes, and I was still accused of baiting him. To the point, when I finally brought it up in a thread because bono had crossed the line, nemo accused me of baiting him... I asked nemo to show where I baited him, he couldn't... And threatened to ban me. When bono was finally banned nemo stated he was really upset because they were friends, which really pissed me off because we were getting treated like absolute shit by a poster because he was friends with the mods. That it went this far because of that.  I nearly left and Russ asked me to stay because bono was totally out of control and no other mod would help him.

Bono was not treated like an average poster. He was given access to the mod board, whenever Russ would punish him another mod would undo it, which emboldened him even more to act like an ass.

I'm sorry, saying he had an aggressive posting style is bullshit. He went very personal. He attacked and cursed at people like someone with a mental illness. He literally stalked russ. He would follow you from thread to thread attacking you. And his fan club thought it was awesome. No other poster would have been allowed to do what bono did.

The only person to stand up to him who actually liked him was buzz, who told him if he didn't tone it down he was going to get banned (which is a huge laugh) and then he turned on buzz.

I understand he had friends and fans, but no, he was completely at fault. 100%. Had you guys not cheered that shit on he would never have gone as far as he did. It wasn't just bono vs 2 people, he chased off a lot of posters. This place was absolutely toxic because bono ran this forum.

Bono and I could actually get along, at one time, unfortunately he got the wrong kind of support and went full on troll. So if you're upset he's gone, then I really hope your entertainment and new vs old war was worth it.

Neemo
 Rep: 483 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Neemo wrote:

I think that's a bit unfair to me but I'll own it

I apologise if u ever felt slighted by my actions, but that was not my intention...i have nothing but the utmost respect for every member of this forum past and present (save a few 16 )

But u have to admit that there were times when u intentionally baited Bono, when u knew how he would respond ... we'd talk him down in admin section then someone would get him going again

It's all well and good to say this or that...but appeasing many people is impossible, I've always tried to let democracy rule at this forum...never tried to put myself above anyone...things were divided enough that I didn't feel that banning Bono was an option in the overall scheme...but then i got an ultimatum that turned into another fiasco

Anyway I have been intentionally trying to stay out of this...dont see any good reason to dredge up old stuff...especially a topic as volitile as this

just felt a need to justify my actions a bit in response to your post...again I've always like u ID...don't hate me for ancient history...I'm older and wiser now...maybe big_smile

And for what's it's worth.. .once upon a time I got along very well with both Bono and Russ...I haven't talked to them since that crap went down tho

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I think that's a bit unfair to me but I'll own it

I apologise if u ever felt slighted by my actions, but that was not my intention...i have nothing but the utmost respect for every member of this forum past and present (save a few 16 )

But u have to admit that there were times when u intentionally baited Bono, when u knew how he would respond ... we'd talk him down in admin section then someone would get him going again

It's all well and good to say this or that...but appeasing many people is impossible, I've always tried to let democracy rule at this forum...never tried to put myself above anyone...things were divided enough that I didn't feel that banning Bono was an option in the overall scheme...but then i got an ultimatum that turned into another fiasco

Anyway I have been intentionally trying to stay out of this...dont see any good reason to dredge up old stuff...especially a topic as volitile as this

just felt a need to justify my actions a bit in response to your post...again I've always like u ID...don't hate me for ancient history...I'm older and wiser now...maybe big_smile

And for what's it's worth.. .once upon a time I got along very well with both Bono and Russ...I haven't talked to them since that crap went down tho

I'll admit, I would jab him but it was more out of frustration than anything, because I felt left out to sea by you guys when it came to bono and no one would step up in public on the forums to shut it down. If you tried behind the scenes I appreciate that.

We've never spoke about this, so that's on me. But I thought we were all pretty tight here and when that thing went down between you, me and bono and I was the one who was threatened with being banned that totally gut punched me, because it made it look like it really was me against the forum and the mods supported bono and his actions against a few of us. And it did jade me. I mean, I'd sit around and wait for someone to swoop in and shut him down, it didn't come, and bono would literally dare someone to ban him. And of course he wasn't and it made me think, "damn, that's why he's not being stopped, they support what he's doing."

I got along with bono once, too. But something happened that made him go off the reservation and there were a few posters here who were intentionally egging him on, others who justified his actions. That took a turn.

Russ also cut off ties with me. One day he stopped following me on twitter. Have no idea why... Might be because of my Trump posts, but that was strange.  16

Neemo
 Rep: 483 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

Neemo wrote:

I had no vehicle other than the forum  to talk to u...and the ban threat to you was for baiting him for an outburst

At the time Bono and I conversed more...mainly via email, so I addressed it with him there

I just wanted everyone to get along...we were/are all supposed to be here for a common interest...easier said than done when u find someone that rubs u the wrong way tho

Again my apologies ... wasn't meant as a slight or favoritism

it's easy to get caught up in the drama...sometimes a little too easy...Forum politics was one of the reasons I took a break for a while

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The only person to stand up to him who actually liked him was buzz, who told him if he didn't tone it down he was going to get banned (which is a huge laugh) and then he turned on buzz.

Ah, the good old days...when ID and I were on the same page for a few weeks at least.

I am lucky...I pretty much like everyone here.  Sure, I disagree pretty strongly on Robin and some political things, but to me it's just like when brothers disagree.  I could hang out with any of you at  GnR show and have a blast.  We're all (I think) good people.  Bono was fun in person.  It's easy to get out of whack a little online, but at the end of the day we all are fairly level headed and have many more interests in common than different. 

I'm one of the quietest people you'll ever meet in real life.  I'm an introvert.  This is one of the only places I feel comfortable enough to speak my mind.  So for me, this place is still very special.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

misterID wrote:

We're getting the band back together. 9

tumblr_m8gsx83RKJ1qkrxndo1_500.png

metallex78
 Rep: 192 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bono went full stalker and was enabled in his trolling and egged on.

You may believe that, but given that the guy ain't here to defend himself, I wouldn't hold that as truth, at all.

Oh, no. People are doing some real revisionism here, that either he was innocent or it was some mutual misunderstanding. No.

Bono was the most abrasive poster on this forum. If you shared an opinion he didn't agree with he would swoop in and attack. I could handle bono's abrasiveness and in his defense , he was embolden and egged on by people here. He would not have ever gone as far as he did had he not been allowed to. You guys did a real disservice to him by defending his behavior and egging him on.

It seriously started over the stupid new vs old division, and more specifically, mine and Russ's liking Robin. Bono attacked that for whatever reason, then it expanded to anything to do with the new line up, and you guys loved his attacks because of the stupid new vs old "teams" we were on.

I watched bono break every rule on this board, to the point of him wanting to find me in the real world (which I laughed at) and I waited for a mod to step up and do something.... And nothing. They just let him do whatever the fuck he wanted.  So I started dishing it back out at him, but remained within the rules. I never started anything, only responded to him.... Yet I was accused of baiting him. I'd even put him on ignore. You guys would egg him on, I'd see his posts in your quotes, and I was still accused of baiting him. To the point, when I finally brought it up in a thread because bono had crossed the line, nemo accused me of baiting him... I asked nemo to show where I baited him, he couldn't... And threatened to ban me. When bono was finally banned nemo stated he was really upset because they were friends, which really pissed me off because we were getting treated like absolute shit by a poster because he was friends with the mods. That it went this far because of that.  I nearly left and Russ asked me to stay because bono was totally out of control and no other mod would help him.

Bono was not treated like an average poster. He was given access to the mod board, whenever Russ would punish him another mod would undo it, which emboldened him even more to act like an ass.

I'm sorry, saying he had an aggressive posting style is bullshit. He went very personal. He attacked and cursed at people like someone with a mental illness. He literally stalked russ. He would follow you from thread to thread attacking you. And his fan club thought it was awesome. No other poster would have been allowed to do what bono did.

The only person to stand up to him who actually liked him was buzz, who told him if he didn't tone it down he was going to get banned (which is a huge laugh) and then he turned on buzz.

I understand he had friends and fans, but no, he was completely at fault. 100%. Had you guys not cheered that shit on he would never have gone as far as he did. It wasn't just bono vs 2 people, he chased off a lot of posters. This place was absolutely toxic because bono ran this forum.

Bono and I could actually get along, at one time, unfortunately he got the wrong kind of support and went full on troll. So if you're upset he's gone, then I really hope your entertainment and new vs old war was worth it.

Only one with the revisionist view here is you.

Bono was a stalker and egged on?
Please...

Most of us just laughed off yours and others baiting of him, but you'd get upset that he attacked you back when you baited him to do so?

As for old vs new argument, all of us here, myself included, wanted the new band to succeed. Why would I spend so many hours of my time on a board dedicated to nuGuns, if I didn't want that?

But sadly they didn't succeed, well, not properly anyway. But when it got to the point where you could be pro-Bucket and diss DJ in his threads, but not if you wanted Slash back, that's where I drew the line.

It was hypocritical then, and still is now.

Anyway, you remember what you remember, and so do I. We'll agree to disagree.

Bono is a close friend of mine and a good guy, and I won't have him made out to be such a bad character, when he ain't here to defend himself.

misterID
 Rep: 468 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

misterID wrote:

That post right there was the problem...

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 129 

Re: Is This Forum Dying?

If you guys all moved on, drop it. Otherwise this is going to turn into the politics thread and you'll be at each other's throats.

Bono hasn't posted in over 4 years. Let it go

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB