You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: GNR Evo Stats

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

In hindisight, my favorite time on the forum(ROV or Evo) was the Sqwerl leaks and the discussions about them for several weeks. I still say that those leaks and the forum discussion about them was a hundred times better than the album's release and its lukewarm reception on the fan sites. The album was the worst anticlimax in history.

Yeah, that prolly is when the forums peaked.  The leaks were great.  When we had 8 songs & found out there were only 11 on CD, it was bound to be a letdown. And it was. 2002-2004 VR years was a pretty good time, even tho the bands followup album was pretty lame.

Ashame, I listen to Black Crowes & AIC on Pandora now & think GnR could've been somewhere in between throughout the 90s.  Should've been.  Nothing on CD was really what the old band couldn't do, except for myb 1 or 2 tracks which were forgettable.

AtariLegend wrote:

Just read access to most of MYGNR's archives is being removed and most of the content pre-2011. Supposedly for resources purposes while other threads are being deleted to make the site cleaner.

I know alot of the stuff here is missing and via the forum/server changes since 2006, but I'd be absolutely outraged if most of the original threads here suddenly vanished, same with HTGTH.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

There are no plans to purge anything here as far as I know.  Will you can probably comment on this with more knowledge and authority than most?

There is a wealth of info in old threads and that stuff is a real chronicle of the Chi Dem ride we all went on, so it would be a shame to see any of it lost that's for sure.

AtariLegend wrote:

Oh I should clarify just incase, I meant it would have been a shame for what happened at MYGNR to happen here. Wasn't implying that I'd believed it happen here.

Though somewhat ironically a former admin here has recently, became an admin on MYGNR.

AtariLegend wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Downzy and a couple other mods (me not included unfortunately) worked hard to ensure the forum has a future is somehow an "outrage"

I gotta be honest and say I agree with Subs' thoughts on this. I don't think mods and Admins should be all woe is me about volunteering our time and energy here, but it does suck when people come along and make claims like "This is an outrage" before they even know or understand the whole story. Let alone the fact the they themselves never contribute anything to the forum.

In short; Downzy and a few mods have worked their asses off to ensure the forum has a future. If someone likes the forum at all, a simple "thank you" might go along way as opposed to throwing a fit without knowing what they're talking about.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Downzy and a couple other mods (me not included unfortunately) worked hard to ensure the forum has a future is somehow an "outrage"

I gotta be honest and say I agree with Subs' thoughts on this. I don't think mods and Admins should be all woe is me about volunteering our time and energy here, but it does suck when people come along and make claims like "This is an outrage" before they even know or understand the whole story. Let alone the fact the they themselves never contribute anything to the forum.

In short; Downzy and a few mods have worked their asses off to ensure the forum has a future. If someone likes the forum at all, a simple "thank you" might go along way as opposed to throwing a fit without knowing what they're talking about.

That's Russ alright.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

There's too much knowledge and discussion here for us to delete on purpose. We did lose a good chunk of posts that were made by Russ. You can ask him why he decided to have that done. I'm sure it isn't petty in anyway  roll

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I believe it also meant that not just posts by him were deleted, if he happened to be the thread starter then the entire thread disappeared as well. So lots of posters by all members ultimately disappeared as a consequence as well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I never understood the decision to delete all his posts. Apparently Russ tried to become a mod over at MSLs site that lead to some big drama. I have no idea what happened.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I never understood the decision to delete all his posts. Apparently Russ tried to become a mod over at MSLs site that lead to some big drama. I have no idea what happened.

I'll give you the simple truth.

He talked a LOT of shit about mygnr over the years in the public sections and the staff section here and he wanted all that vaporized or it would have jeopardized his position at mygnr if it had reached them.

AtariLegend wrote:

Just read access to most of MYGNR's archives is being removed and most of the content pre-2011

WOW. I dont care as I dont go there or HTGTH but that is a massive blow to long time members there.

That happened to a huge horror site I frequented back in 2007 and it literally killed the site.

Board footer