You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: contracted artwork in 2002

elmir wrote:

not sure if this is new or not, but i found this whilst browsing:

In 2002 a newly reformed Guns N' Roses started their "Chinese Democracy" tour of the US and beyond... unfortunately they self-destructed 3 concerts into the tour. But right before this meltdown JT was contracted to do t-shirt and promotional posters concepts.

artwork available on the link below.

not sure if this guy was given any material to work from, or if he designed all this crap from scratch...wouldn't mind finding out what his brief was for this....and how he got the gig in the first place...

http://www.joshuaturner.net/print/gnr.html

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow thats pretty interesting...thanks for posting this! i wonder why this stuff wasnt used? its pretty cool

elmir

elmir wrote:

he he, like he said, i think the "02 meltdown" was the reason why none of it got used....

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

elmir wrote:

he he, like he said, i think the "02 meltdown" was the reason why none of it got used....

It's a shame it looks really cool. I wonder if there's a chance he was involved in designing cover art for the album as well?

elmir

elmir wrote:

his client list doesn't include anyone who may be related to the music industry.....reading his biog, and looking at the work itself, i'd guess he's friends with a promoter of some sorts, and perhaps they commissioned him to do some work for some advertising for whichever concerts were still coming up....obviously didn't happen....he also seems Canadian, and a small time player....

i doubt gnr or interscope would use a freelancer for any of their work....i'd guess someone in the LA or NY area would get preferential treatment, and definitely a registered business, as opposed to a guy working from home....

he also says he was contracted to develop "concepts"....very often you get asked to come up with an idea, which you get paid for, and then they take it elsewhere for finishing and further integration.....so maybe the 02 artwork that we know originated from this dude....

who knows....i'm tempted to drop him a mail and ask him....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

This image is from Bauda, a company responsible for various covers for reputable artists.

6ocbe47.jpg

Check the disc covers on the far right. Then look at JT's rose/gun design.

8e9juyh.gif

Same designer or same set of images at use, perhaps?

elmir

elmir wrote:

definitely looks like the same set of images was used....

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, something seems a little fishy about this guys website. He's a little vague on "who" contacted him & what he did. Maybe he designed the counterfit Tshirts they sell in the parking lot for $10.

Board footer