You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Documentary Channels

Olorin wrote:

Is it just me or are these really shit now? I'm talking about Discovery, National Geographic, History and all the spin offs from those channels. They are fuckin terrible, full of cliched worn out reality based soap opera garbage , wheres the fuckin documentaries went to?

And naw History Channel, this shit dont cut it!

giorgio-hair1.jpg

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Alot of these shows are just a joke. It's amazing how long they've been on these networks.

"I'M NOT SAYING IT WAS ALIENS; BUT IT WAS ALIENS!!"

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I hate these fuckin "Extreme jobs" shows, it jumped the shark years ago. I'm waiting on a show about paperboys with these gnarled old men giving it "I've been doing this for 50 years, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuup its a real mans job out here in these parts, not like your fancy city slicking paper rounds, its uphill all the way hereabouts with a yapping dog in every yard, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup this is real mans country, only the toughest survive out here thats for sure, and even then its just luck!"

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

You guys should do the Ancient aliens drinking game. I actually like the show. Blame the pot but some of their topics are interesting even if their theories are way off base.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

14 Whats the drinking game?

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Fuck the history channel nowadays.  Most of them all all shit tv shows now.  The real docs are still on the other channels though.  What service do you have?  Check out "The Military Channel", "The Military History Channel", "History 2", and theres a few others I can't think of that are excellent. 

And I love all the ancient aliens stuff.  Its batshit, but super entertaining and interesting.  ANNDDD its spawned some of the best "I'm not saying its was aliens...BUT IT WAS ALIENS" memes ever haha.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Tommie wrote:

Fuck the history channel nowadays.  Most of them all all shit tv shows now.  The real docs are still on the other channels though.  What service do you have?  Check out "The Military Channel", "The Military History Channel", "History 2", and theres a few others I can't think of that are excellent. 

And I love all the ancient aliens stuff.  Its batshit, but super entertaining and interesting.  ANNDDD its spawned some of the best "I'm not saying its was aliens...BUT IT WAS ALIENS" memes ever haha.

Agreed good sir! 5

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I've got History 2, but I'm in the UK so got different channels from you, no Military or Military History.

I've got Discovery, Discovery ID, Discovery Animal Planet, Discovery Turbo, Discovery Science (I like mostly), Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, History, History 2, Eden (think this is a UK documentary classic channel, not bad), PBS America, Discovery History, Yesterday (UK channel again I think) CI (Criminal Investigation mabye)... A lot of these chennels are UK versions so we get British doc's, but we get a lot of American stuff as well... and its narrated by English folk instead.

I used to like the Universe series, I've got a few on DVD, but the version on TV seems British, but the dvd versions I bought have an American narrator. Which I dont like, the British narrator is matter of fact, but the American narrator tries to make every last syllable dramatic  and I find it OTT.

Board footer