You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Ultimate Classic Rock's Chinese Democracy Songs You Need to Hear Again

Interesting list; but I would put TWAT and Maddy on the list. They do recommend the songs in the descriptions none the less.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/chinese-democracy-songs/

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah TWAT definitely should be in that list. Glad to see IRS get some love.  Always been a fan of that song.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah TWAT definitely should be in that list. Glad to see IRS get some love.  Always been a fan of that song.

Yeah I like it too man! Agreed! smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Twat is overated as fuck!! Always has been, take out the outtro and what has you got, that mess at the beginning and the most tuneless chorus in history!

Thats probably how its never on these lists, most folk dont make it all the way to the end.

Its funny how IRS is always on these lists and was praised  in reviews after the album release, while it was dumped on by forum fans since the album release.
I remember the first leak, folk were going nuts over it. Me too, I still love that original leak.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Haven't listened to the studio version in a good while. The video was great and I found myself liking the song a whole lot more now. It's a solid, no-nonsense fistpumping rocker with a classic Axl wail and a great gtr solo. It works.

I think IRS was just one of the casualties of CD with the hardcores. Too much premature exposure killed the excitement on it, much like Maddy and The Blues; people were instead bitching (either justly or not) about the additional production Axl had put in.

Olorin, I too remember the original leak - a very scraggy recording from the Trunk show which I initially heard through a very bad speaker big_smile

AtariLegend wrote:

I think forum fans tend to be harsher towards IRS than media folks. When the leaks happened, the mainstream publications that covered it gave it glowing reviews and expected it to be a single.

There Was A Time though is representative of the album though to an extent. It is a great song, but just too much added in. I think a remastered version of the 06 leak would have been a great single and a lot more commercial. If any more stuff was added, it'd have lost it's soul entirely.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I loved the original leak, thought it was dripping in attitude and Axl still wailed like I dreamed he would after such a long break. I see forum'rs shitting on his vocals now, I think he is awesome in that song. Live in 2006 he knocked it out the park!

Infact I was talking to a rock radio dj after the albums release and we were talking about the album, he loved IRS best on the album and called it straight up rock n roll with Axl howling like only he could, half an hour later he gave me a shout out and played the song and sung its praises, saying it should've been the first single.

Lomax wrote:

I'd love to see there was a time in there

Sky Dog wrote:

IRS is awesome....easily my favorite rocker on the album....huge bucket solo...simple, but killer Sabbath like riff, Axl's swaggering vocals plus his Plant like crooning...killer song but I could do without the hip hop beats in there...just like I could do without the synth on Paradise City

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Axl should be reading this thread, turning into an IRS appreciation society 16

Board footer