You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash & The Conspirators new album WORLD ON FIRE due 15 September 2014

Smoking Guns wrote:

People today are generally rude and lack respect. That was a pathetic crowd for Slash.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Actually on the contrary i think in a crowd like that people are TOO respectful...for people sitting behind them and dont want to stand up.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn that was awesome. Myles needs to sing that last part, "you could be Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiinnnnnnnnneeeeee YEAH!!!!!!"

I know it's been said a million times, but as proficient as Myles is, he lacks the charisma of Axl, or whatever it might be. Just as those who have replaced Slash over the years. It's just not the same and that feeling will never be replicated. But I appreciate both sides for trying their best to move forward, obviously in much different ways and with varying success.

faldor

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Actually on the contrary i think in a crowd like that people are TOO respectful...for people sitting behind them and dont want to stand up.

True. I've experienced this a bunch at concerts over the years. When going to see "classic rock" acts, the crowd is generally an older crowd and their priorities are far different. I've been told to "sit down" quite a few times. Usually it doesn't go over well with me, but I do find myself holding back more than I would like at certain shows depending on the crowd around me. But most often, people are lame and want to treat it like a broadway play. It can be frustrating. I remember seeing "The Wall" a few years back and sitting the entire time. Obviously, a different kind of show, but even that seemed a little weird to me.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn that was awesome. Myles needs to sing that last part, "you could be Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiinnnnnnnnneeeeee YEAH!!!!!!"

It was excellent. As great as it can be without the UYI-era GN'R mates.

maroc_3
 Rep: 3 

maroc_3 wrote:

Let's compare YCBM from Appetite for Democracy Las Vegas with Myles's YCBM..... Exactly smile
I know Axl is a LEGEND and i respect him, but he doesn't sound good nowadays. Objectively Myles managed with YCBM perfectly, he's got HUGE voice. Of course he didn't sing like Axl (UYI era), and I think he shouldn't copy him-he does it in his own way-I like it very much! World on fire-it's gonna be a kickass album! Live version is amazing, sooo much energy between guys!

But this audience......Some people would rather take selfies and stand with their back to the stage 17
I could do EVERYTHING to see Slash with Myles and The Conspirators and Aerosmith at one concert but people, who had this chance didn't enjoy it-sad but true sad

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Myles today sings this better than Axl today. Axl has better stage presence and has more attitude in his voice but Axl today is pitchy as hell and can't really sing all the way through. In their prime, hands down Axl. In today, 2014, hands down Myles. Which makes this by far a superior version to the nuGuns. Not to even mention Slash owning this.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Slash @ Ottawa Bluesfest July 11, 2014

A great performance here with a very receptive crowd.

Was also thinking, should we have a separate Slash tour discussion thread?

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Myles today sings this better than Axl today. Axl has better stage presence and has more attitude in his voice but Axl today is pitchy as hell and can't really sing all the way through. In their prime, hands down Axl. In today, 2014, hands down Myles. Which makes this by far a superior version to the nuGuns. Not to even mention Slash owning this.

To each their own, but I would far prefer seeing Axl singing any song over Myles. And it's not even close. Slash is the obvious draw with this band. Obviously Myles does an admirable job covering GNR, VR, etc. But Myles has a LONG way to go to reach Axl Rose status. Not that that's what he's striving for, but still.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor, I am only talking about this one song.. This is the worst song every set for Axl to sing.  I am talking SINGING... Yes, I still love to see Axl try to sing this song for all the other reasons I listed, but pure singing, Myles on YCBM is superior to Axl and also he is that way on Sweet Child O'Mine.

Board footer