You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Slash & The Conspirators new album WORLD ON FIRE due 15 September 2014

-D- wrote:

Cannot wait for this! Saw some people bitching cause it has zero bonus tracks.... has 17 songs... who needs a bonus track?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

Cannot wait for this! Saw some people bitching cause it has zero bonus tracks.... has 17 songs... who needs a bonus track?

Well, I'd prefer a stronger 13-song album with an additional disc of 4 weaker songs. But you're right, 17 songs are enough, maybe more than enough.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I can't say I'm too excited for this one. I just could not get into AL aside from a few songs, and I'd imagine this will be along the same lines. I hope to hear a few gems to change my mind and increase my interest level.

I agree with Mikka. I'd much rather quality over quantity. I've said this before but it's amazing how different Axl and Slash are when it comes to musical output. It's amazing they managed to work together for as long as they did. But for quality purposes it seems to me that Slash should scale back. And I don't have to explain the ridiculousness that has become Axl's lack of output. Somewhere in the middle would be best. Maybe Slash proves me wrong and this one turns out to be great. But I'm not counting on it.

Lomax wrote:

The first sneak peak is weak. Sounds like a Great White with Theodore chipmunk on vocals.

Myles Kennedy cannot pronounce basic english words.

Fire is spelled F-I-R-E.
Myles Kennedy spells Fire: F-I-I-I-I-E-E-E-E-Y-Y-A-A-A-A-A-H, Fiiiieeeeyyaaaaah.

Wire is spelled W-I-R-E.
Myles Kennedy spells wire: W-I-I-I-Y-I-Y-A-A-A-H. Wiiiyiyaaah.

Sounds dumb.

BRING BACK ROD JACKOSN

The guy released this piece of beauty a while ago.
HE's still great.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Yeah, that teaser certainly doesn't raise my excitement level. I hope that's not the best they have to offer. And I'm sure it's not. But that there, isn't helping the cause.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Love Rod Jackson's voice. So much soul.  Axl didn't pronounce words right all the time either. "Knock knock knockin on heavens dowowa". Or "I don't need your civil wowowa"

-D-

-D- wrote:

those Snakepit singers were horrible. Please

You can say u didn't like AL, that's fine, but it did have 2 number 1 rock singles and a top 10. Anastasia is the best riff post GNR by anyone.

At least Slash isn't cash grabbing and riding the coat tails of years gone by.

faldor

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

those Snakepit singers were horrible. Please

You can say u didn't like AL, that's fine, but it did have 2 number 1 rock singles and a top 10. Anastasia is the best riff post GNR by anyone.

At least Slash isn't cash grabbing and riding the coat tails of years gone by.

I've never questioned the man's work ethic. He's tireless and nonstop, no doubt. The problem for me with AL is it had 2 really good songs, and I found the rest somewhat mediocre. So if this album has more of the same, I'd rather him take the time to put a better product out. Not 14 years of course. There's nothing inherently wrong with him doing what he's doing. I just feel the quality isn't as high as it could be. So when people gloat about him coming out with 15 new songs every few years, it loses it's luster when most of them are forgettable.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I like the music on the track (and it's good to hear an audible bass line at the end of the snippet from Todd) but good lord almighty...the lyrics are beyond cliche. I even enjoy Myles' actually singing but I just can't get past stereotypical Rock N Roll lyrics like "I think it's time to set this world on fire/I think it's time to push it to the edge"

I'd rather have Slash continue to be prolific and churning out music but I suppose this is one of the side-effects. It's far easier for Slash to churn out 17 cool, interesting riffs and build music around in a year or 2 but to get 17 quality lyrical contributions on top is a little steep I think for even the best lyricists.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I get that but Ill take a Standing in the Sun, you're a lie, Anastasia, Far and Away, Not for Me and no More Heroes every couple years than nothing. Sure some of AL doesn't hold up well but those songs there are pretty legit good stuff.

Board footer